Monday, April 29, 2013

Essence Vintage District Collection +Flowers

*stretches* Hello, darlings. Just woke up from my post-Dallas nap (woke up at 6:30am for this trip!) so it's a good thing I got the majority of the pictures for today's post yesterday! ;) Apparently if you go here you can view the US versions of essence's collections. So I either end up feeling better ("Hey, they didn't sell that color here!") or worse ("What yahoo grabbed the last of that color?!"). So now it is with great pride and deepest joy that I bring the US version of the Vintage District polishes. :D All of these are two coats with your standard (for essence) amazing dry time.

Starting with 01 Vintage Peach.



I think this ended up being my favorite? It's hard to pick one, but I like how simple and subdued it is.



02 is Shopping @ Portobello Road. A gorgeous, deep turquoise.



Somebody please help me. All I know about Portobello Road is that they mention it in one of those old live-action Disney movies and I can not remember which one! I want to say Bedknobs and Broomsticks, but I'm not sure...



03 is Antique Pink. To me it looks more Antique Rose, but whatever. lol



I love this one, too. They're all so pretty and definitely have a Vintage feel to 'em.



So, apparently I was overtaken with the compulsion to create some vintage looking wallpaper nail art....



:p That wasn't my intention, but that's kinda what it ended up looking like. Wallpaper. LOL Cute, but weird. And there they are. The Vintage District collection. What did you think? Any personal favorites?

Guess what finally came in the mail! :D



I'm torn. I want to swatch all of these in one post (partly to bring my number back down), but I want to give these the same fair shake I gave the PixieDusts. I want to wear them all. They're so pretty!! hehehe So I think I'll go ahead and do that. I've gotten some full collection posts under my belt. I can be happy with that. There's thunder in the distance so I should probably post up before something bad happens with the power lines. :p Hope everyone's week is off to a fantastic start!!

4 comments:

  1. Portobello Road is a street in the Notting Hill district of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea in west London. It runs almost the length of Notting Hill from south to north, roughly parallel with Ladbroke Grove. On Saturdays it is home to Portobello Road Market, one of London's notable street markets, known for its second-hand clothes and antiques.[1] Every August since 1996 the Portobello Film Festival has been held in locations around Portobello Road.[2]

    ^ "Bedknobs and Broomsticks". The Walt Disney Company. Retrieved 2008-01-21.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well lookit you. ;) Awesome stuff. We should go there!!!

      Delete
  2. Antique pink is my kind of color, I like how its muted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my normal type of color, but I absolutely love it. So easy to wear!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!