Friday, April 5, 2013

Essence: I Love Bad Boys & Hard Candy: Gummy Green

Hi, everybody! (^_^)"/" Big waves at new follower Steph; the cutie behind fun size beauty. C'mon in and make yourself comfy. Anybody else here on Twitter? Apparently Pure Ice started following me?! Is that normal? I really don't know... LOL It's all so confusing. Still two more weeks left to enter their springtime flower themed contest on Twitter and Instagram in case you want to do that! And if you don't? Hey, better odds for me. hehehehe *ahem*

Today we're starting with two coats of essence I Love Bad Boys. Could have used three as you will see I have some practically bald patches on my middle finger and some slight VNL. The good news? No hidden shimmer. :) You can see it. LOL I feel weird saying that over and over since all of these new Color & Go polishes have had visible shimmer and nobody I follow has been swatching Essies that don't... *shrugs* Only two more of these anyway.



You can't find this one in the normal US display (at least, not at any of the ones I've seen). It popped up singularly in the discount bin and has me wondering where the hell it came from?! C'mon Ulta! I know you're holding out... The dry time fits with the rest of the Color & Go line ie: superfast! Only thing I don't really care for is the name... my cousin likes bad boys and to say it hasn't worked out well would be an understatement...



This bright blue may seem like an odd choice as a base for Gummy Green, but it's not really very green to begin with. This is two coats which was enough to get it up to the bottle color... if a bit darker. Dry time wasn't too bad on this one either considering the total five (including basecoat) layers.



Pretty. :) Prettier since I managed to not flood my cuticles with glitter like I did with Cocoa Smore. lol



*teehee* Cute. I love the little black & white glitters. :)

So, how are we liking the new font? Easier to read, I hope. Don't want anybody getting eye-strain! I feel like I'm forgetting something, but darned if I know what it is... the living room is currently vacant so I'm going to go jump on the bike before I decide I really don't wanna. :p Everyone have a fantastic weekend! Be safe out there.

12 comments:

  1. Pastel/baby blue is not really the color I think of when I hear bad boys lol but its a cute color. Very fitting for spring! Oh BTW, cherry culture has the China glaze hologlam collection in for 3.99 each...I've heard that it can retail for as high as $14 some places so that's really cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!! LOL Your comment showed up when I posted this on facebook. I was wondering where the hell this extra stuff was coming from. ;) Now I know. Dude, that is cheap! Going to check it out RIGHT NOW. :D

      Delete
    2. Wait...what? What extra stuff?

      Delete
    3. lol When I post the links on facebook it's usually just the title of the post and the name of my blog next to the thumbnail pic. This time your comment showed up in there, too. I thought facebook was trying to sneak ads in or something. I did check cherry culture and all the ones I want are sold out! I did sign up for email notification, though. :D

      Delete
    4. Ohhh sorry, I don't Facebook so I don't know any of that stuff...I can't believe its sold out, they just got it in stock this Tuesday. Well, I did post a comment about it on nouveau cheap so I guess some people got a head start before you lol

      Delete
    5. hehehe No worries. ;) Just never had that happen before so it confused me. I'll keep a lookout for the next restock. Gives me a little time to save up so hopefully I can get more than three. lol

      Delete
  2. That Essence is really pretty! I've never seen it before.

    I'm not sure what the old font was (my brain didn't store that apparently) but I like this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a total fluke finding it. Glad you like the new font! :D I think the old one was basic Arial and 2pixels smaller. lol

      Delete
  3. Love the essence one but my favourite has to be the hard candy one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. :) Going to try and pick up more soon. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  4. Cute combo, thought I feel like the name "bad boys: doesn't fit the blue polish lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It really doesn't. They have far edgier colors in the line that may have served better. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!