Sunday, April 21, 2013

Essence: Chic Reloaded & Pure Ice: Irreplaceable

Well, yesterday wasn't fantastic and today isn't starting off much better. Even so, last night I made the executive decision that one thing I could do for myself is finish linking two of my more numerous brands. So I did! Starting with two coats of Chic Reloaded.



I almost swatched Chic Reloaded months ago with one of my purple-green duochrome comparisons, but decided then that it was too different. To illustrate my reasoning I went ahead and applied two coats of Where Is The Party? on my pinky. Chic Reloaded is much darker. Also, the "green" comes off more blue-green and way more shimmery than it's purple counterpart. Which is kinda weird, but cool.



See? lol Chic Reloaded is part of the new(ish) line release and should be availabe whereever you find essence displays. Like Ulta... or HEB... I don't know who else sells them, but I know other places do. If I happen to catch a mention somewhere I'll let ya know. ;)

Ah Pure Ice. I had a "last swatch" sometime last year before the big influx. S'okay, though! I don't mind. lol Especially now that I'm so close to being all caught up. Irreplaceable is an interesting glitter that reminds me of stars in the sky. This is one coat.



Irreplaceable has a sheerish black base packed full of black microglitter with a smattering of silver microglitter and some smallish silver hex-glitters. It does dry a little less than perfectly smooth, but one layer of topcoat fixes that right up.



If you look closely you can see evidence of Chic Reloaded so if wearing this alone you may need two coats.

Ah.... so bittersweet getting them all swatched/linked like that. Speaking of bittersweet....



Earth Day Sale! Polishes are $4 (except the PixieDusts *boo*) and you can trade in your old polishes (except other Zoyas) and they'll dispose of them in an Earth-friendly manner. Bittersweet?! Yes. No hints that they were, in fact, doing this again this year which gave me no time to save up! Still saving for the 2nd PixieDust collection, but still.... So I'm missing it again. No reason not to share, though, right? If you can't fathom giving up any of your precious collection, that's okay! "Offer is not contingent on customer returning polish". Let me know if you take advantage of this so I can drool and be all envious. ;)

Yes, I skipped the Julep serum update on purpose. Figured since I did it Monday the past two weeks I may as well continue with Monday. Full week's progress and all. Probably have a lot more color-related staining (so many dark colors this Spring!), but we'll see if we can't look beyond all that. Guess I should try waking Aaron again so we can finish his mom's yard... Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend! :D

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I have both of those Essence polishes! They are also sold at Shoppers Drug Mart.

    *sigh* I saw Zoya's Earth Day deal. Too bad they don't ship to Canada so we can't take part (boo Zoya on not shipping to Canada. I mean...really? REALLY?! *flail*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Drug Mart! *boo* Zoya! :( They really seem to be the hardest brand to shop for online.

      Delete
    2. So odd isn't it? You'd think any brand would want to sell to as many countries (and therefore people) as possible...

      Delete
    3. Right? I don't get it....

      Delete
  2. Which are your favourite essence shades? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, that's tough! From the new line I really like L.O.L and Grey-t To Be Here. From the older ones Lime Up and Wake Up are definitely awesome pops of color. Do you have any favorites?

      Delete
  3. *digs through Lizzy's blog* I can't believe Chic didn't bubble on you! EVERY time I used it it bubbled like a psycho on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I had that problem with Hello Marshmallow! I don't know why.... One of life's bizarro questions, I guess...

      Delete

I love hearing from you!