Friday, April 19, 2013

China Glaze: Hanging In The Balance & Kiss: Soft Purple Stripes!

Hey, everybody! Yes, I'm back with some polish. ;) With art! If you recall I got some more polishes with the striping brushes from this month's Nail Art Society packet, and I want to try and actually use all of this stuff this time. LOL Okay, so we're starting with two coats of China Glaze Hanging In The Balance. An absolutely gorgeous bright blue from the Cirque du Soliel collection.



These pictures here don't actually do it much justice. You can see it more color-accurate in the following 'art' pictures. Apparently my camera is wanting mass amounts of sunshine before it'll behave. :p



Hanging In The Balance is nicely opaque and I didn't need to layer it over white to get the brightness. Don't you just love when it works out like that?

I'm not entirely sure that I was going to do stripes initially. I think I had an idea in my head to try squiggles. Didn't quite work out like that.... I am going to try something out tonight before I remove this and see if I can't manufacture up a plaid tutorial using these striping brushes. Today, however, it's just stripes with Kiss Soft Purple.



And that's what Hanging In The Balance is supposed to look like. lol The only drawback to using these pre-striper polishes (as opposed to a clean striping brush dipped in a drop of polish) is that you can end up with a wandering glob of polish quickly making it's way down the brush towards your nail. If you're going for something more abstract then that just may work out for you. If you're wanting more clean lines then you'll want to make sure you keep an eye on that glob and either work the line quickly or stop and wipe it back into the bottle before continuing.



OMG YAY! My Frusted Gumdrop polishes are on their way!! Finally. lol Almost forgot about 'em. No updates yet on the Sephora package. Bit worried about both of those, actually. As much as I (used to) love it out here... I can't wait to live someplace with an obvious address. Ah well... Hope everyone had a fantastic week. :) Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. hmm neat, I have never tried striping polish before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really convenient having the brush and polish together. I have Kiss, LA Colors and Sinful Colors versions I just don't know how widely available they are. :/ Those three are really budget friendly, though, so it's worth trying if you get the chance. :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous stripy manicure. I didn't get any from this collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) There were a few that I just had to get. lol Still have a couple of greens I haven't swatched yet. ;)

      Delete
  3. Ah, such a nice color combination--and it tickles me that you went stripes on a Cirque du Soleil polish since I've been in their big striped tent a couple/few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome! I didn't know they had a striped tent. LOL Glad you were tickled by it. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!