Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sinful Colors: Cotton Candy & Hard Candy: Little Bo Pink +Dots!

Hi, everybody! ("Hi, Dr Nick!") *ahem* Sorry I'm so late. Stayed up until 8am hopped up on Mt Dew and Fun Dip playing Sims until the power knocked out for a second and turned the computer off for me. :p At least I had saved fairly recently. So... I did find a pink! Wait 'til you see this weirdness, though!! I started out with two coats of Cotton Candy from the new Sugar Rush collecton:



Cotton Candy is an adorable bubble gum pink that... is a bit sheer. Yes. Still, I think it will work well when I do my "easter egg" water marble.



This is one of those colors I really liked at first, but then I got tired of looking at it. Really quickly. Thankfully I only needed it as a base for Little Bo Pink!



The yellow/gold shimmer in this is making it come off way more coral than I thought it would. Under Walmart's industrial flourescent lights I was expecting more hot pink. And.... yeah. I took a shower after doing my nails and my index finger there looks like it was trying to peel off. *boo*



Oh, right, this is also two coats and look! Still some VNL! *dies* This was more sheer/shimmery so I think the next one(s) I pick up with be from the "crushed chrome" shelf above. Since I've been faltering on my resolution to do more nail art I decided to pull out one of my handy dandy dotting tools and go buckwild with Cheryl!



I used the jumbo end for some random dots and then filled in the spaces with the smaller end. Easy peasy. Also learned some things about refreshing my polish puddle (fresh, liquid polish dots way better than half-dried lol) and using varying pressures to change the size of the dots. I did get some streaking from my topcoat, but I think it still looks alright.

Red Alert!! March 15 Ulta will have Butter London on sale for $9/bottle!!! I have a post-it on my computer so I don't forget. Jesse's Girl has their frosted gumdrops available for pre-order, but I think I'm going to have to wait and see how tomorrow looks. :( Just saw a press release for the new China Glaze holos. Zoya's new set of PixieDusts still hasn't shown up on their site, but that's just as well because OMG!!! Too much coming out at once!! Uhm.... Oh. If you're curious, A England is officially endorsing their overseas e-tailers for those of us in the US. I guess that means NinjaPolish it is until/unless I can order direct from her again at some point. Nothing new from Pure Ice recently... Walgreens' Sinful Color sale is still on at the moment. Four for $5 and 1000Rewards points if you have the card. Oh! Right. According to Colette Zoya does a big Earth Day sale every year. I missed it last year, but since I have them on facebook I'll let you know just as soon as I see anything about that.

I know St Patrick's Day is coming up soon, but I don't want to use up all of my greens before then so I'm holding off on themed manis 'til it gets a bit closer. I think tomorrow I'm going to try and kick-start some Pure Ice PR by doing some striping with Gift of Gold and Taxi. Why not, eh? lol As always if there's anything unlinked on my collection page up there that you want to see then just let me know! I always have the hardest time deciding! ;) It's almost the weekend, y'all! Be safe and happy polishing!!

6 comments:

  1. Every time ulta has one of their Butter London sales I am tempted but to be completely honest, I was never wowed by their colours and the colours I do like I already have dupes of lol. I hear the sally's beauty website already has the China glaze holos for sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for polish color names and The Black Knight got me hooked on Butter London. That's the only one I've paid full price for, though. Holy cow! They are on Sally Beauty... for $10 each! I think I'll wait for h2tb to stock them. lol Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  2. Lol, my cousin wanted the black knight too but she didn't want to pay $14 for it so I frankened a dupe of it for her using a shimmery black polish and sally hansens rockstar pink (but then a friend of hers who works at Nordstrom picked it up for her with her discount and she compared the two and said they were identical but the franken had a better formula :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! Great job!! :D Pure Ice has a dupe, too, but so far I haven't seen any of their new full displays (that are supposed to replace the old nasty ones) to see if it's in there or not. :/

      Delete
  3. Are you planning to pick up anything from the hard candy crushed chrome collection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plan is to get them all eventually. lol I need to go through my collection and see what metallic colors are lacking.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!