Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pure Ice Chinese New Year Mani!

Happy Chinese New Year, everybody!! We are now entering the year of the Snake! Which is kind of exciting. I'm not a Snake (I'm a Monkey), but my dad is so hopefully it will be a good year for him. :) Pure Ice was searching for some CNY nail art and I couldn't help but oblige. I mean, it's such a simple thing, isn't it? LOL Here's what I used:



Pure Ice polishes in The Secret Is Out!, First Time, and Bite Me and Red Angel stamping plate #RA-111. Starting off with two coats of The Secret Is Out!.



Holy creamy green, Batman!! This color is fabulous, and so was the formula. Not too thick or runny and clean-up was not a problem.



Then I stamped on some snake scales with First Time.



I did have some coverage issues (darn my giant nails!!), but it's not quite as noticeable in real life.



Then, for good fortune, I added some gold tips with Bite Me.



I don't really like the constant matching of green and gold, but it was sort of unavoidable in this case. lol



This was a lot of fun. I wanted to do firecrackers and coins and stuff, but I wasn't sure if it would come out properly. Maybe next year! Next year is the year of the horse...



Okay, I've got two more days to finish up the PixieDusts and then I've got two Valentine's Day themed designs after that. :D Yep, working on more art. Got a restock notice for Model's Own Freak Out and managed to get enough survey money to cash out and order that. hehehe Head2ToeBeauty has the new China Glaze Avant Garden collection so... it looks like I have some research to do. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!