Sunday, February 17, 2013

Orly: Old School Orange +Tape +Haul Pt2

Hello hello hello you lovely peoples. :) Got some fun stuff today. Starting with Orly's Old School Orange.



How absolutely perfect is that name? LOL This color totally reminds me of those browns and oranges and yellows that were so popular in the 70s. Not that I was there, mind you, but I've seen pictures. :p This is three coats because it was a bit sheer, but the semi-matte finish does give it a sort of rubbery appearance.



Total love. I said I had an idea for art with this (I did say that, right?) and so I did! I didn't do exactly what I was going to (I was going to just do stripes down the center), but I think this looks better!



Ta-da! Triangles. With Viridian Vinyl. Which I'm not counting this as a swatch because I suspect the orange is turning it greener than it actually is. I just used scotch tape to mark off my triangles, painted, let it half-dry, remove the tape! So my triangles aren't 100% uniform.... still looks cool. :p



I was actually a little shocked because I was pulling off the tape from my cutical towards the tip and it didn't totally bork my points. :) Yay! I did get some hair marks overnight, but I'm not about to ruin the finish with a topcoat. I'll be taking it off in a few hours anyways. Yesterday I finally got the UK portion of my recent polish haul(s)!



YES!! Finally my A Englands have arrived! Safe and sound and that's what's important. Plus Freak Out which I had to have even though I had to redo the Models Own portion of my collection page to accomodate it. lol OMG I can't believe I have 16 A Englands now! o_O Gotta get 'em all.... hehehehe

Oh so many pretties to choose from.... I think I'm going to try and find a nice base for Freak Out. Hope everyone's having a great weekend! And as a special little treat I just have to share this picture I found while I was re-organizing my computer/polish area:



Aw. I'm the one on the far right. lol This was taken at my grandma and grandpa's house in New Jersey in early (or mid) 1986. I was five. :p Alrighty, enjoy your weekends and happy polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!