Monday, February 25, 2013

Milani: Aqua Splash

Yep, just the one. :p To be honest, I've been having such a hard time sleeping. Because of this I find myself sleeping in bursts throughout the day. Which is not really a problem, just that today is SwagBucks' birthday and they're doing this big thing with a 150SB goal and I've been getting really into my Sims... So I just wanted to make sure I got this up and out of the way (*GASP*) early in case I end up napping away the rest of my daylight. Which... I may.

So today we're looking at the Milani Textured entry into the textured polish boom. I, for one, am loving it. I'm especially loving that while OPI and Zoya decided to go for sparkly texture, Milani kept it simple with textured creams. For your viewing pleasure: Aqua Splash. "The teal one".



The texture in this is about the same as the Zoya PixieDusts, except that it's a bit smoother feeling without the glitter. I was a little concerned because as I was applying it I could see the white "texture stuff", but it appears to have more or less all covered over with polish. Any white or light bits aren't readily noticeable in real life from a reasonable distance. :p Oh yeah, this is two coats. No topcoat.



Wanna know what I love best about this polish? The amazing story I get to share. lol I went to get my front two tires replaced this morning, bright and early. The guy that worked on my car came in to give me the rundown and I swear to you, this is what happened: "So we got your car taken care of. Moved the back tires to the front and Oh my god I love your nail polish!" "Thank you :D" "Then we put the new ones on the back, filled up your spare and you're ready to go. :)" LOL!!! Totally made it worth getting up early and handling my business like a responsible adult. Ya know, that and the whole avoiding a blowout thing.

So I've got Wednesday planned out. Going to go after those red glitters again. No idea what I'm doing tomorrow. Maybe I'll check the weather (like a resposible adult :p) and see if we can't start working on these backed up holos! My goodness. Color Club, A England, Julep, Butter London, Zoya, Piggy Polish (sorta).... I've got holos enough to last nearly two full weeks!

.....okay, been sitting here for 10 minutes just staring at the screen trying to think of something else to say and I gots nuthin'. LOL I'm gonna take another nap and hope I don't miss too much on SwagBucks. Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!! :D

6 comments:

  1. LOL, to the story with the guy complimenting your nail polish!
    How does this one look with topcoat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think to try it this morning, but it actually looks really cool! I'll have to remember to topcoat one of the other two for pictures. :D

      Delete
  2. That story is too funny! I love the length of your nails, do you have problems with breakage ever? I recently had to cut all mine because several of them broke simultaneously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D They don't break as much as they used to. I use a strengthening base coat (LA Colors, $1 at Walmart) and strengthening remover (also the $1 kind) and that's helped a LOT. I'm pretty spastic, though, so I will get a break from slamming my hand on a doorknob or something, but not NEAR as often.

      Delete
  3. This effect looks a lot like the new barry m textured polishes but your's one looks much nicer in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I forgot about the Barry M ones! Thanks for reminding me! :D I need to go check ninjapolish and see how much those will set me back.... lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!