Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Finger Paints: Expressionist Red & Pure Ice: First Party & Your Place Or Mine

....wtf? LOL Oh man. I thought I was doing so good last night. Went to bed around 11pm and it didn't take me forever to fall asleep, then... sure enough... woke up at 1:30am. *facepalm* I stayed up to take my dad to the lot at 7am and then didn't end up falling back asleep until 10am!! I'm surprised I got all of my picture taking in, but I did. When I woke up at 3pm. -_- Not cool.

So what do we have today? Ah yes. Reds, reds and more reds. Starting with a surprise contender: Finger Paints Expressionist Red.



This is one coat... layered over Kismet. :p I know, I know. Bad Lizzy! I just couldn't handle any VNL. You can't really tell that it's layered over anything, though. Expressionist Red is more of a cream than a near-jelly like most of my basic reds. I was super impressed!



A word, however, on cleanup. *facepalm* I had the hardest time with this one! The polish is on the thick side and it's so pigmented! After my normal clean-up round my fingers looked like they had been dunked in blood. So I let that dry and then went around again with 100% acetone on a q-tip to clean up my poor fingers. I had to! You know me, normally I'll just leave it and be all "clean-up was a problem", but this was just too terrible. lol

Glitter time! One coat of Pure Ice First Party:



First Party is great as a basic red glitter in a clear base. This would be perfect over a green cream for Christmas. Gotta love glitters in a clear base.



Pretty. On the other end I've got one coat of Your Place Or Mine which is a red jelly-like base with red micro-glitters.



Your Place Or Mine went on really smooth and didn't take ages to dry. Not topcoat, no sheet marks. Impressive.



So there we go getting three whole reds out of the way. Not terribly offensive ones, either. For being such a basic red polish, I really found myself liking Expressionist Red. Maybe I'm growing and learning to appreciate reds on their own merit? Or maybe I just really like the fact that it wasn't insanely sheer. ;)

Guess what! Zoya's got another promo going on! Until March 3 if you spend $20 on Zoya.com and enter SHARON in the code box you get a free bottle of Sharon (orange) and free shipping! WHAT?! I wasn't going to do it, thought I was doing good saving money by not taking the Julep box, but then I told Aaron and he's all "Well, if it's limited and been discontinued before then you might not have another chance so you should get it." Aw! *hearts* So then I sat here for nearly an hour trying to figure out which colors to get. I decided on Ziv (gold), Cheryl (brown, but also the name of the girl you're looking for in the first Silent Hill game), and Manhatten Mixer (a deranged yellow-green shimmer deal). Plus my free Sharon. Which is also funny because I've been watching a ton of South Park in preparation for the upcoming game release. ;) OMG! So my order already shipped. If I'm lucky it will get here before the 5th and I can wear Sharon to go pick up my game. hehehehe "DAMNIT, SHARON! You just don't understand!" LMAO!!! So no one else will know. I'll know and that's what matters.

Uhm.... I think that's it. Tomorrow is the second Milani Texture polish. With and without topcoat this time. ;) If the purple doesn't create the same neato effect I was seeing on the teal, then I'll do a nail with that specifically to show you. Cuz I'm all nice like that. LOL Hope everyone's having a great middle-of-the-week!

7 comments:

  1. I really like your place or mine but I always was a sucker for those Dorothy shoes type of nail polishes. A really good red you should try is the Rimmel stiletto red if you don't already have it. Their brush is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually like reds, but I may be starting to come around. ;) I'll keep my eyes open for that Rimmel one.

      Delete
  2. Expressionist red looks so hot on you! I normally like you, not bothered about red but that one matches your skin tone so well, you should wear it more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *I'm. Omg that sounds so mean without the 'm! I do like you lol!

      Delete
    2. LOL I like you too! *hugs* Yeah, I was surprised by how much I liked this one. I think the opaque formula helped a LOT, but the shade is really nice, too. Not orangey at all.

      Delete
  3. I just picked up the fingerpaints one today! I normally dislike red but this one realllly impressed me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the best red cream that I've found. I need to see if I can find it for V-Day coming up. >_> Can't remember which drawer I stuck my Finger Paints in. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!