Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Rimmel: I Lilac You & Magic Stardust (+Glitter Compare)

I'll admit it, I'm a little disappointed in today's WTF. It's so much better with a funny story attached, isn't it? Today is more of a "WTF took me so long?", and not really because they're spectacular colors... the formula is really super nice, though. This is another case of luck actually smiling on me; a rather rare occurance lately. I was in Walmart staring down the Pure Ice rack and not really seeing anything that jumped at me. I turned to go find Aaron and ran right into a brand-spankin'-new Rimmel mini display. $1.50/per isn't bad. I was good and only got four. I have two for you today.

First up is I Lilac You. A beautiful pastel purple cream.



It says "60 seconds" and that's not terribly far off. It did dry pretty quickly, would have dried quicker if I could have trusted the first coat. I noticed some bald spots on my thumbs, though, and decided to go over 'em all a second time to be sure. It does have the super wide brushes, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of those. Far less clean-up than I expected.



So pretty and bright and happy. :) Now, even though I knew I had at least one similar glitter, I couldn't help but grab Magic Stardust. Even if just for the upcoming comparison.



One coat. I think it gives a perfect, delicate sprinkling of glitter.



Ok, so maybe my comparison makes a better WTF. At first glance it does seem a bit ill-conceived, but perhaps you can see where I was going with it.



I'm pitting Magic Stardust against NYC's Starry Silver Glitter and Sinful Colors' Ice Dream. Aren't you just brimming with excitement?



Okay, so Ice Dream is missing the pink glitters. :p My bad. Starry Silver Glitter has bigger glitters, but far fewer of them. I don't know if I could pick a favorite... I guess it would be mood-dependant. Do you have a favorite?

Oh my goodness. What's tomorrow? Thursday? Again?! Already?! *ahem* I really have no idea what's going on half the time. LOL It's been pretty sunny lately, but I'm not sure I trust that to hold out enough to go holo... You know what's killing me? Going down my page and all I'm seeing is purples! LOL I knew I had too many. :p I know what I'm going to do. Come back tomorrow for my official face-off between Pure Ice Private Show and Butter London The Black Knight. There's a nail biter for real. Seriously, though, don't bite your nails.... ;) Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!