Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pure Ice Underwear #6: Party Hard (+Ulta)

I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or thrilled to be finishing off this series. It's definitely been a fun ride, but I'm ready to move on. We're starting off this combo-round with a lovely deep blue called Party Hard:



Don't quite understand the name (then, what do I know? lol), but this is a great base color. Nearly black, but not quite. Two coats, though one would have been enough if I hadn't missed a ton of my tip-edges. :p It's so heavily pigmented and quite thick so clean-up was a bit of a problem.



Now.... the reason I saved this one for last. I mentioned in the first post that one of the polishes met an unfortunate fate in transit. It happens. No matter how carefully you package it's only wishful thinking that parcels don't get dropped, smooshed or subjected to the elements. Whatever actually happened, it's disheartening that Five Some met the end it did. I mean, just look how pretty it is!!



Black base jam-packed with multi-color glitters. *sigh* I'll be keeping my eyes open because I need this one in my collection. Since there was absolutely nothing left to salvage I dug into my drawer-o-PI and pulled out a recent purchase as a stand-in. Say "hello" to Treasure Hunt!



This one is way more interesting than I initially thought. It's like a few of the others with the diamond shaped glitters, but this one is a lime green glitter with blue and pink glitters. O_o Yeah!



You know what's coming, right?



P-to-T: Playtime, Cheatin, Sea-Quin, Twist And Shout and Party Of Five. And that time I did it all off the top of my head. ;) I like Cheatin and Twist And Shout the best this time. One more look at Oh Baby!!



Similiar to how it looks over black. Expected, but I had to include it for the sake of continuity. ;) So there you have it! Quick look back at Pure Ice's under/over-wear recommendations for 2013!!

1. Over The Top & Sea-Quin
2. On His Saddle & Cheatin
3. Monte Carlo & Twist And Shout
4. Viva Las Vegas & Playtime
5. Not Now & Party Of Five
6. Party Hard & Five Some

Fabulous. This is only a fraction of their combo recommendations so keep your eyes open around the blogosphere for the rest! :D

Did I say I went to Ulta? I believe I did.



Not quite the ginormous clearance explosion I was hoping for, but they do have a lot of polishes. Also, as you can see, a lot of essence polishes that I managed to miss the full displays for. Again. *facepalm* I grabbed all of the essences I could find, two older bottle ones, a new colour & go that wasn't on clearance, but on the normal rack so I'll have to keep my eyes open for more of those. Two magnetics, a matte topcoat and a double-ender! What?! Yeah. No clue how I missed these and managed to snag the whole Twilight Collection.... Yes, I also got another bottle of Chloe since my glue-job didn't take. Still, lucky they had it! I may go back tomorrow for Skylar and Tru.

I guess that's it for now. :) Hope everyone's having a great week.

2 comments:

  1. I made a special trip to WalMart on my holiday break but they didn't have the new PIs. Ah well, I have plenty of other things to play with. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Another blogger mentioned that her walmart put up the giant 5-collection display again so I've been checking back. So far no luck, but if I do see it I'll pick up the velours for you. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!