Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pure Ice: Blue Midnight & China Glaze: Water You Waiting For

Hello darlings! I really screwed myself up! LOL Spent this whole morning thinking today was Monday. *facepalm* Lucky for me I still have time to mess around with magnets. Today I have some pretty pretty blues! First up is one of those velour polishes that Pure Ice released Blue Midnight:



So pretty. If you recall I did wear this for almost a day and a half and I didn't have any chips (except on my thumb where it collided with the super glue) or tipwear. O_o Impressive.



I don't know what is up with my camera and making matte-finish look like digital-camo.... Anyway, then I just couldn't help trying out Water You Waiting For. Does that make anybody else think of Scary Movie? "What are you waiting for, huh?" "What am I waiting for? F**k you!!" *jumps* LOL *ahem* Anyway....



Water You Waiting For (*snickers*) is a super dense glitter. This is two coats, though one looked decent enough... by my computer monitor light. :p It's got mostly aqua blue glitters, but also some indigo blue and green. Total mermaid-approved polish, imo.



It did dry really rough and kind of matte, a little counter-intuitive to the whole water thing. So I topcoated. And topcoated. And topcoated again. Didn't quite achieve a smooth, glassy finish. Still, I guess the ripples are kind of water-like once it gets to being shiny enough.



*sigh* So pretty. I'm scared to take it off, though. At least I was smart and left my thumb devoid of glitter. That may change Tuesday, though. Brak and I are going to H&M in Dallas (girly road trip!) and I want to wear Garden Galaxy but I don't want a mis-matched thumb... not in Dallas! We'll see, I guess.

Not much else going on. If you're on SwagBucks (which I seriously can't recommend highly enough), you should check out the new toolbar! They added a thing where you can check if there's a SwagCode and I've already found two I would have missed otherwise. :D If they keep the lowered gift card prices, then I'm already almost halfway to another $100. If they raise them again then I'm still 1/3 there. Actually, if I get a warning that they're going to raise the prices back up, I think I'll get the $50 at the discounted price... Makes sense. Ok, I'm rambling. Hope everyone's having a great weekend! I'll be back tomorrow with my last (for now) Nabi! :D

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could find these Pure Ice ones--my Walmart is pretty much a wasteland when it comes to polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could, too! I'd love to see your swatches. Maybe you could find them online?

      Delete
  2. Hey Lizzy!

    Your photos look great, and I really love that last one because your hand is posed so elegantly. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness thank you so much. :) So sweet of you to stop by.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!