Monday, November 19, 2012

Pure Ice: Electrafy Me & Meet Me In Monaco

Hello all, and welcome to another exciting (?) edition of Magnetic Monday! Today I have for you one of Pure Ice's magnetic offerings Electrafy Me. First up, normal polish look:



This one is really pretty all on it's own. Kind of a copper brown. The magnet on these is a little weird. They shaped it to fit around their normal bottle/brush handle so they could just cling-wrap it. :p



Whilst messing around with it last night, though, I discovered the most genius aspect of this kind of magnet design!



Would ya look at that? This worked for all fingers except my thumb. I still had to hold it in place on my thumb. The results were.... mixed.



On my index and middle fingers the design didn't quite show up that distinctly, my ring finger turned out the best overall, my pinky had the sharpest line, but the design ended up way off-center so I've only got that one diagonal line.... *facepalm*



I tell ya, that wasn't the end of the weirdness. Not even close! The design is pretty kick-ass, and it's got this weird 3-D effect that's kind of hard to focus on, but you can see it move! Try to focus on my ring finger in the video; that's the second from the right:



I hope you can see that. Too add to the strangeness, this is the first time that mattifying the polish didn't enhance the design! Totally washed it out. I think that may be due to the less-static nature of the 3-D effect?



Totally bizarre. I think the difference in design-intensity may be due partly to user-error. *oops* It does make me more excited to try the other magnet. Next Monday I'm going to knock one of the "new" Nabis off my list so that's the perfect opportunity.

Having fulfilled my "Magnetic" qualification for the day I decided there was no harm in topping this off with a bit of glitter! It took me all of two seconds to reach for Meet Me In Monaco:



This is another glitter from their recent mass-polish-release. I love these glitters and still have two left to share! The base is fairly pigmented, but not so much that it destroys the glitter. You can still make out the lighter-cool brown and the darker-warm brown glitters.



This is an absolutely perfect polish for Autumn/Thanksgiving. Serious love.

Funny story. Y'all know how repelled I am by red polish. On myself anyway. I took a peek at the Color Club winter/holiday display while I was at HEB and all the reds were gone. The flakies were still there, and so were the purples, but the reds and greens were gone. :p If it's still floating around I may get the other purple, but as it is I'm so glad I've been convincing myself to grab these as soon as I see them. I don't understand how we have full displays of other stuff (essie, Orly, OPI, Revlon, L'Oreal) when Color Club and essense sell out so quickly! Re-order those!! *facepalm* Putzes.

SwagBucks is supposed to have expidited their gift card process for the holidays, but I'm still waiting. Thankfully Adina hasn't started with any promised holiday sales yet so I'm still safe! For now... I have a bad feeling I'm going to be quite naughty in the event of a Zoya Black Friday sale.... *eep* Things to worry about later. Hope everyone's having a great start to their week! :D

4 comments:

  1. Lovely metallic brown . I like it even more with the glitters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Me too. :) I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. That glitter looks like autumnal leaves!! So perfect for this time of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is perfecet! *loves* I think I have a Julep polish coming that is going to be similar, but on the bright side it will be perfect for the last day of fall. :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you!