Monday, November 12, 2012

Cherimoya: Aurora & Orly: Sweet Peacock & Ulta Haul!

LOL Hello darlings! XD I think I'm in a much better mood than I expected to be today? I feel kind of weird, but in a good way. Today I ended up doing both a Magnetic and a Metallic polish, so let's get started with that!

I picked up two of these Cherimoya polishes at Goodwill. This first one I tried is Aurora.



I don't know if you can see it, but I tried something a little different. I used the polish as normal and then used the magnet design as an accent. Since the caps don't come off, I used the magnet from the other Cherimoya polish.



Now, I know from my tests that this polish does magnetize well, so the fuzzy design has to be from this one being a weaker magnet. Also, the little nail guide on these ones is really little and I still had to hover it.



I do like this color. I would have liked the design to be a bit more prominant, but on it's own this is a very lovely, glowy kind of teal. Not that I'm all into crosses, just that that's what it's supposed to do. :p

I did get Sweet Peacock during today's haul, but I couldn't wait to throw it on. LOL So... yeah. Ignore my lack of cleanup. :p



SQUEE!!! I was searching and searching for a green like this, but the blue is nice, too. hehehe



So sparkly. *loves*

So. You may be asking "what happened at Ulta today?". Well, I'll tell you. First off, it was a fabulous trip. If a bit frustrating because it was packed and my Ulta has a problem with collections. They have the core lines pretty well stocked at the moment, but I'm looking for collections. *sigh* Anyway, they had Orly Buy 2 Get 1, so I got 3.



Fowl Play, Androgynie and Sweet Peacock. Duh. I almost got Halley's Comet, but it was $10 so I'm going back tomorrow with my other coupon for that if it's still there. If not, it wasn't meant to be. I was on my way to the register when my polish-sense started tingling. I look to my right and down (because for some reason the essence collections are always near the floor) and they have a Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 collection from essence! Ok, so I'm not a fan of the Twilight franchise by any stretch, but I can not resist new essence polishes.



Jacob's Protection, Alice Had A Vision - Again, A Piece of Forever, and Edward's Love. Even though I have another polish in mind for my birthday tomorrow I want to get these all swatched and put up in one post, because "why not me?". LOL Everyone else gets to.

I tried out some of my samples this morning. I used the Lancome mascara and Clarins "Instant Smooth" which is kind of a powdery cream to fill in your wrinkles and stuff before you apply make-ups. I debated posting this, but I had to laugh at myself so maybe you'll get a laugh (in a nice way), too.



Look at all those freckles!!! XD *ahem* Ok, the mascara I got was Lancome "Hypnose Star" and it was really clumpy. I'm keeping it just in case I run out of the essence, but I didn't really like it that much. The Clarins "Instant Smooth" was pretty awesome. You can see it didn't really do much for my smile lines, but it did a decent job of filling in my crows feet! Which is cool. And it felt really good putting it on. Light and creamy and powdery. I will totally be using that again and again and again. Uhm... lemme get a pic of those real quick....



There you go. Now you know what I'm talking about. lol Oh geez, did you know China Glaze is putting out a Cirque du Soliel collection? It's already out in some stores and online and OMG I have seven of them sitting in my head2toebeauty shopping cart waiting for me to have some monies. Seriously, check that out. Should be at the top of the page there. That plus Adina's promised A England deals is going to make for a very broke (but very giddy) Lizzy. LOL Hope everyone's having a great Monday!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow !!! can't wait for swatches of Orly Fowl Play, Androgynie and essence Edward's Love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got all of the essence ones up. I'll definitely be doing the Orlys soon! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you!