Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Blood Splattered Tiles

Yep. lol Title kinda says it all. Well, 90% of it all anyway. This was, I think, my favorite of Aaron's ideas and I think it came out really well.





Ta-da! Uhm... those "black lines" in the top photo are supposed to be a crack. I was trying to add a little something and I probably shouldn't have done that. He was expecting smaller "tiles", but without striping tape or a decent tiled stamping plate, this was about what was gonna happen. lol I started with one coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White as the base. Used my trimmed down liner brush and CHI Lust In The Dusk for the grout. For the splatter I used Arissa Red Signal and one of those coffee stirring straw thingies you can pick up at a gas station. You can see that Red Signal is your basic semi-sheer flat red polish (just like Fame Fatal or Madison Avenue) so I'm counting that for linking.

The part of the story the title doesn't tell is that my vision for the blood splattered tiles included blue tiles. Light blue. People have that in their bathroom, right? Anyway, the blue I picked didn't quite come off the way I expected, but that's no reason to not take pictures and post it anyway, right?



Claire's Marine Blue. More sheer, more matte, and much darker blue than I was expecting. That's two coats and next time I wear it, I guess it'll be going over white. :p



Not a bad polish. I quite like it, actually. Just wasn't what I was looking for as far as tile-color. After Aaron saw it he said "No, white tiles" and so I did white instead of looking for a lighter blue. Minus my poorly executed crack I think I'm most pleased with this design so far. Far more successful than my first splatter attempt. Sometimes less is more. lol Let's see.... OOOooooh. Tomorrow I'm doing "gross monster nails". I have an idea for that, hopefully I can pull it off! Hope everyone's having a great week. Be safe out there. We passed four wrecks yesterday....

6 comments:

  1. This is your best nail art yet! I love it such a cool take on the usual splatter nails, really really coooool lizzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I totally want to copy you now... :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I hope you do, I can't wait to see it!

      Delete
    2. I pinned your nail art onto my "Inspirational Nails" board, and I'm not the only one who likes it ;) http://pinterest.com/pin/187180928233994344/

      Delete
    3. Oh my goodness! O_o That's a lot of people in just one day. lol How cool! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you!