Tuesday, September 11, 2012

SH: Champagne Chrome & SC: Irish Green

Hello! :) Turns out everything went so smoothly today that I got everything done and taken care of and had time for an extra polish! Which is good, because I've been wanting to knock these off the list for a while now. I know I said "possibly glitter", but the only dense glitter I have is being saved for October. So I went for another Sally Hansen color, technically part of the Chrome line-up, but this was an off-shoot called "Crystal" Chromes.



Champagne Chrome is actually kind of champagne colored. More like this:



Ok, that pic is a little pink, too. Imagine it a little less pink. The pink tinge is coming from the fact that this is two coats over yesterday's mani. Which could actually be seen from certain angles.



See the butterflies? lol I'm guessing my mom really liked this one because judging from the polish on the wand (the bottles are totally opaque which is a bit frustrating) there's only about 1/5 of the bottle left.

After picture taking I was getting a bit bored and realized I had some time to kill so I pulled out Sinful Color's Irish Green. I grabbed this without thinking because, hello, it's green. This was well before I knew anything about jelly polishes and as soon as I got it home I realized there was something "off" and kind of scary about this polish. So I tucked it away and never wore it. As time wore on I realized that Irish Green was probably a jelly and super sheer and so I continued to put off wearing it. Today I decided to pull it out, get it over with, and show you how sheer it is in case you want to go out and grab it.



From left to right that's one, two, three and four coats over the chrome. It's pretty decent at four coats, but... that's a lot of coats for "pretty decent". I decided to see how it looked over Icy Princess.



....better, but it just made me wish I was wearing I'm With The Lifeguard. lol That there is two coats, btw.

So, that's it. We're having pizza tonight. Summer is winding down and even here in Texas we do lose sunlight (and heat) so I think I'm going to see how awesome Trustafarian is tomorrow. *swoons* Which... just did my opacity test and it looks pretty sheer so I hope I have a complimentary base color! Oh wait! I think I do. :D Tune in tomorrow to see what I do. LOL Happy Tuesday, all.

And, no, I have not forgotten. I prefer to think of today as a happy day because, amazingly, I have three family/friend birthdays today. :/

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, those opaque bottles are so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm glad I haven't run into any more. Just the 20 or so that I have... lol

      Delete
  2. I like the bottle but i also like to see what is inside :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I even tried scratching off some of the paint (or whatever it is) to see if I could make a little gauge strip on the side to see... no such luck. -_-

      Delete
  3. Gah I hate having to use more than 3 coats, it's just a drag! It does look similar to Lifeguard when it's over the sparkly polish :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... At least now I have a pita backup just in case :p lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!