Thursday, September 6, 2012

Essence: Off To Miami!

The, uh, exclamation point there is part of the name, not an indication of my excitement over this polish. It isn't that I'm not excited about it, just clarifying the exclamation point.



Off To Miami! actually does kinda remind me of Miami.... As far as I've seen in movies and on tv anyway. I actually wasn't expecting to like this color. Probably why I don't have any other corals. It does look coral to you, right? I hope? Because that's what it is. Your basic "old lady" coral. It kind of reminds me of this peel-off polish I had when I was a kid. All nostalgic. lol



Now the good, bad and ugly. The good? The color. I admit, I like it. Also, the drying time. Thank you essence for not messing with that Colour & Go formula that I lurves so much. The bad? The brush. It's wide. Very wide. A little less wide than that Fergie brush, I think, but way wider than necessary. So it's hard to get a thin layer going and so polish got everywhere. Uh... ugly? Three thickish coats to opacity. What is up with polishes being so sheer? *groans*

So, yep. That's it. My grand 1000th post. A short little post about a polish I expected to hate. Don't cry for me, Argentina. ....? LOL I don't know. There's a lot I'm trying really hard not to think about. I've got a survey in my inbox I should take a crack at before shutting down. Was so hot today Frankenputer needs a break before Sims. Hope everyone's having a great day.

6 comments:

  1. It really is a bit of an old lady colour, but quite nice none the less! Nice summery colour. I would enjoy something like that on my toes I think. You can sign me up for the "I hate wide brushes club". Why would I want to cover my whole nail in one stroke? And since when are my cuticles square. *Shudders*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, thanks for reminding me! I forgot to mention the essence brushes actually do have a rounded tip! It helps a little, but is still a bit cumbersome.

      Delete
  2. Oi flor,tem um selinho p vc lá no blog :)
    http://wwwunhasdesenhadas.blogspot.com.br/2012/09/selinho-adoooro.html
    bjuss
    Larissa Calvo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this colour is a granny colour at all! I quite like it, it looks tropical especially with that name haha sucky brush though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. :) For some reason it seemed less tropical to me, but as long as someone gets it then it's a success. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!