Wednesday, September 5, 2012

China Glaze: Riveting & Myrta Compare

Hello, hello, hello! After successfully completing two surveys and reaching my SB goal I feel like I have a little bit of breath room. Amazing since we took an impromptu trip down to Round Rock to the nearest (excluding Ft Hood which we are not going to) Spirit Halloween store. It's infuriating. Last year we had four of them here between Killeen and Harker Heights, but then one of the Heights ones burned down and lookie here, nothing. -_- Never even heard if it was arson or negligence so I don't know if they're scared or embarrassed. *ugh* Either way we certainly won't be visiting their store near as often as we have in the past.

*ahem* I'm going to apologize up-front (again? Yes, again) because my camera did not want to take pictures of this polish. Maybe you can see it better with your monitor settings? I don't know. I'll check it on the laptop when I get on to play more blog-catchup.



Riveting is, at the very least, jelly-like. It didn't take forever to dry, so that was a relief. Kind of weird because the shimmer sparkles gold, but from what I observed during clean-up it's definitely silver. Hence "jelly-like".



It is sheer. This is three coats. No topcoat, though. I was very careful while Simming and (after getting kicked off for taking too long) playing Skyrim so I didn't really need a topcoat. Yay! It did start to remind me of Zoya's Myrta as the day wore on. So, how do they compare?



Myrta, on the left, is a bit more reddish toned and the shimmer comes off more silver. So, yes, similar but not the same.

So.... tomorrow is my 1000th post and I totally intended to come up with something special, but everything I came up with just seemed like a giant pain in my ass. :p Maybe I'll finally break-down and design a proper banner for the top. Or, hey, if there's any interest at all y'all could design one for me. *wink~wink* Hey, just an idea. We're brainstorming here and there are no bad ideas when you're brainstorming. LOL If there is any interest the little template thingy said "headers will be shrunk to 1430 pixels wide" so... yeah. ;)

Guess it's time to feed the cats *groans* and ourselves *groans*, then updating my stash page and hopefully I can get into Sims without getting distracted and kicked off again. hehehe I don't mind, still have a lot to keep me occupied on Skyrim and I know once Borderlands 2 gets here in two weeks... I won't be seeing the Xbox much. Hope everyone's having a great week! :D

10 comments:

  1. what's up with the edges of your nails? did it pool up cuz it's a jelly polish? i've never seen it do that on your nails b4...

    i haven't tried any of the jelly ones yet but they sound like a pain in the butt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a bit of issue with clean-up, but I don't really see any difference. lol Maybe it's just the wonkiness of the pictures since the camera was being a poo-butt.

      Delete
  2. Love the colour. I'm still trying to get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes cameras just don't want to cooperate; I've been there. Thanks for the comparison--I think I prefer Myrta but ask me again tomorrow and I may say Riveting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol They are pretty similar. I'm trying to remember to do comparisons when I come across similar colors. Never know what might be fascinating.

      Delete
  4. lindissimo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BY:cantinho dos esmaltes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours and useful comparison, I didn't think they'd be so similar! I still haven't worn riveting yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think they'd be that similar either. O_o Thankfully they're different enough that I don't have to feel bad about buying both. LOL

      Delete

I love hearing from you!