Saturday, September 15, 2012

Butter London: Wallis & Sinful Colors: Savage

Happy Sinful Saturday! (that almost wasn't *ahem*) Yes, Abbie got me so excited about Wallis that I totally spaced on what day it was. :p We did go to the PowWow, but we didn't stay long. We're going again tomorrow and hopefully there will be more dancing. There are some kinda strict rules about picture taking, but hopefully I'll be able to get more than just the one that I have. Which I will share tomorrow. For today I have two polishes instead! First, of course, is Butter London: Wallis:



I was having a hard time figuring out how to describe this insanely amazing color, so again I'll let the fine folks at Butter London do the honor:

"A tarnished, metallic olive gold nail lacquer, as mysterious and regal as its namesake."

Sounds good, except I don't know what a Wallis is... I'm going to assume (after perusing Wikipedia) that they mean the Duchess of Windsor? Abbie?! Hrm. After reading the article I'm not too sure about the lady (suspected Nazi sympathizer? Really?), but the color is nice. I believe this is only two coats and no topcoat.



So it wasn't until after I was on my way home that I realized today was Saturday. I debated not doing a Sinful Saturday since I actually used a Sinful Colors polish yesterday, and I debated putting it off until tomorrow and doing a Sinful Sunday instead. In the end I decided to just quit being a baby and pulled out Savage to do a proper Sinful Saturday post:



I was actually going to swatch this a while ago, but then Bethany did and it was right before she disappeared and I guess the wound has stayed pretty fresh.... *sigh* So this is kind of my way of getting it out of the way before I never swatch it.



Yep, it's a matte! I knew it would be (see previous paragraph), but I wasn't expecting the formula to be as smooth as it was! That's two coats and, trust me, they were like cream. No streaking on the first coat at all. Only applied a second to ensure opacity. Beautiful.

I already know what color I'm wearing tomorrow (wait and see!), and I'd really like to do some stamping over it, but... tomorrow got really full really quickly so we'll see if I can manage the time for at least the four showy nails. *fingers crossed* Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :D I love it too! Glad I ended up getting it.

      Delete
  2. Oooh it's so gorgeous! I think it's named after that woman who had an affair with some king ;) madonna made a film about it recently :P. I really really want it! That sinful colors colour is lovely too and smooooth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Thanks for clearing up who the polish is named after. ;) You should totally get it! Would look fantastic on your nails.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!