Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Butter London: Trustafarian

Hello darlings. Let's see if I can actually get this posted without too many more interruptions. Today has been a very interrupty kind of day. -_- You may remember I picked up Trustafarian during the BL BOGO at Ulta the other day. I had to, it was sparkly. I had no idea what a "Trustafarian" might be, but I figured I could find out on their site.... not this time. Since I have the tab open I can actually give you the creator's description of the color!

"A golden holographic finish gives this delightful sage green nail lacquer a surprising and sophisticated edge."

It doesn't quite look sage to me... I definitely get the "gold" because I thought it was more of a taupe? Anyway, I had to look up trustafarian on UrbanDictionary.com and here's the least snarky sounding entry:

"priviliged white kids who subsribe to the hippie lifestyle (because they can) since they have no worries about money, a job etc. They can then devote their lives to eating organic, following Phish, and wearing dreadlocks (no need for job interviews)."

Makes sense. Also kind of makes sense for the color, too.



hehehe I was wrong about it being a scatter holo! Way more linear than I would have guessed. And such a lovely color for it. I think Layla might have a taupey holo, but that's $15 and thanks to the sale this one was only $7. Love it!



This is two coats of Trustafarian over one coat of Nude It!. Look at that, though. I love how many rainbow colors you can actually see on this kind of background/base color. You know I had to get a video, and this time I included the bottle as well.



So pretty. *swoons* I'm almost kind of glad I didn't get one of my greens. Almost. I may have traded the lime green for this, but I really did want that glitter.... anyways, trying for a scented polish tomorrow (not one of the Runts polishes) so hopefully it will behave itself. Hope everyone had a great Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Pretty! Though I don't think it would look great on me :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it definitely could. ;) The color by itself seemed a bit odd at times, but that holo shimmer definitely made the difference for me.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Your nails are looking great, perfect mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg Thank you! :D That is such a huge compliment coming from you.

      Delete
  3. Mmmmm that's a nice colour and the urban dictionary description made me smile cos I see plenty of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL After reading it I kinda get what they're talking about, but I don't know that I've ever actually seen one. Still, amazing color. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!