Saturday, August 25, 2012

Revlon: Shady & Metallic Crackle Skittles

Digging is done! Or should be. If she still wants work done under the bridge we'll do it, but it looks done. *phew* Also, I have another polish with a story! Revlon: Shady from their old Street Wear line.



This is another that I got from Ricky. The formula was a lot better than Mango, which is kind of weird cuz I'm pretty sure it has to be older. I put off wearing this one because every time I looked at it I thought it was another gunmetal grey.



It's a deep olive green with shimmers. O_o Who knew? As old as it is, it went on very smoothly in two even coats. It did take almost 3 hours to "fully" dry and I did still end up with dings while I was out shopping. Still... not bad. I mean, how old is this polish anyway? I haven't seen Street Wear in ages!! LOL I did have another teeny little problem....



Opening the bottle! I had to grab a pair of pliers. Ah well. At least the bottle didn't crack. :p

So... yesterday on facebook Lacey posted that she found the new Orly glitters at Sally's for $2.50. That put me in the mood for some adventurous retail therapy! So I woke up early this morning, checked to see if Brak still wanted me to meet her at Kohl's, and then headed for the Sally's nearest my house. They had squat. Seriously, next to nothing and absolutely no clearance polish. :/ Bummer. Still, they put a Sally's into the Height's plaza for a reason, right? Off I headed!! Unfortunately they didn't like me much either. Except that they did have a basket of 2 for $3 polishes! All of which, as it turns out, were the old China Glaze Metallic Crackles.



I grabbed Cracked Medallion and Latticed Lilac. They were having a sale for an additional 50% off all clearance items so I got those for 75cents each! I also came home and researched and now Platinum Pieces is the only one I'm missing from that collection, so... I'll have to see if completing it matters to me. lol I had to run into Target for a few essentials and you will not believe what I found!



Ok, I didn't even know that Sinful Colors had magnetics! Secondly, this was the only one. No display, no others. It wasn't even in the computer so I got it for $1.99 like the rest of the SCs. Didn't find out 'til I got home that it was supposed to be $4.99. Ah well, lucky for me! When I got home (shortly after my Metallic Crackle revelation) I decided to pull out all of the ones I do have and skittle me up some crackle!



That was just for fun. I'll still do proper swatches of the ones I haven't yet. When we got home from digging Aaron hid a surprise that came in the mail for me. :)



My Bundle Monster plates got here already!! That was fast!! I can't wait to try them out and there are even Halloween images I didn't even see on the little amazon preview! *dies* Oh, and I picked up another SC glitter while I was in Walgreens.... What? I had to see if they had the magnetic ones, didn't I? Not like I stopped by the one on the way home to see if they had the new metallic Nabis. I mean, I thought about it, but I didn't. :p I will, though. Just as soon as we get paid for finishing up the pond. LOL Hope everyone's having a safe and fun-filled weekend!!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hehehe Yeah, I thought of you when I saw it.

      Delete
  2. Can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am that you can get polish so cheap in the states lol. Love the olive colour, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Always checking the clearance racks. Stores are neurotic about selling off the old stock to make room for the new. ;)

      Delete
  3. LOVE the old Streetwear, one of my favorite brands ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing it when I was a teenager and wanting some SO badly because it just looked SO cool. Now I'm an adult and can afford it and now it's all discontinued and I STILL can't afford it! :/ Found some on an auction site for $30 a bottle!! *dies*

      Delete
  4. Love love love that revlon!! Such an interesting shade, gorgeous. What bargains you found! Lucky lady :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) You do pretty well yourself!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!