Monday, August 6, 2012

Essence: Where Is The Party? +Party!

OMGeeeeeee Blogger is eating my comments! :( Not the comments posted here, but the comments I make on other people's blogs. WHY?! *cries* I'm going to try using another browser, hopefully that will fix it. So if you're reading this and wondering why I haven't been commenting on your blog (Collegiate Nail, Nail Buff, AbbieNail, etc) I have been. Just that blogger is eating them.

So with that out of the way I now present essence: Where Is The Party? as a full mani!!



If you're one of those people who likes the full rundown on formula, click here. For the rest of you, just enjoy the pics!







You may or may not have noticed by now, but I had a deranged thought enter my head after painting this on. The one thing that all of these lovely purple-green duochromes is missing. Can you guess? Orange! So I did my tippy-tips in orange.





It was hard, but fun. It did chip off fairly quickly. Ready for a video of Where Is The Party? in action?



Now, I picked this color for today 1) because I kept putting it off since I've been using it to compare with other green-purples and 2) because today was Brak's birthday party! One of her nicknames for her daughter is "Rabbit" so I went for some semi-festive rabbit nail art.





Not 100% perfect and it did smear a little with the topcoat (sorry about the mess, I didn't clean up my topcoat *oops*), but I think I'm getting the hang of how to work the dotting tools. If you're curious my orange tips are essence: Wake Up! and the bunny is Sinful Colors: Snow Me White and essence: Ultimate Pink and Black Is Back.

The party itself was fun. I always enjoy hanging out with Brak and her brother, Walter. We watched Labyrinth and had festive drinks with fun straws!



We had bratwurst and potato salad for dinner which was good, as usual; and we got to sit amongst balloon streamers.



So great. I love going out there. The fresh air and animals and just getting out of the hell-void grip of Killeen for even a little while is so nice. You know what else is nice? Toe painting. :D Brak wanted me to bring supplies to repaint her toes. She wanted blue. You want blue? Oh yeah, I got blue.



I think I left behind 5 of my blues. lol Of course once she found out momma was getting her toes painted, Hayley wanted her toes painted, too. When she saw my little bunny she wanted to know if I could paint a wolf and even drew a picture of what a wolf looks like so I could copy it.



So cute! Out of all the blues Hayley wanted Pure Ice: Strapless. Of course she did, what little girl (or big girl) doesn't love glitter?!



She was getting antsy so that was the best angle I could get. I think I got her wolf pretty spot on, though. ;) While I was painstakingly drawing that teeny little wolf Brak had time to decide on Models Own: Indian Ocean.



I wouldn't have thought to put it on toes, but it totally works. So today I got to paint toes and do nail art on somebody other than myself. Huzzah! Had a fantastic time with my bestest friend and, as expected, my bonus SBs bumped me up to 83%! Such a great day. Now I'm worn out and I still have to put all those polishes back in their drawer(s). No idea what I'm going to wear for tomorrow. Will be a surprise for everyone. Hope you've all enjoyed your weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun post :) Love the bunny, love the orange tips, and absolutely love the wolf on the toes lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. :D Especially seeing Hayley's face light up over her little wolf. So adorable.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this post, it's stuff like this that makes me look forward to reading your blog posts, it's so personal and fun :) that wolf haha so cute! Where's the party is real nice, I forgot how similar is it to Nubar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) It is kind of similar to Nubar except it has brighter purple, the Nubar has a brighter green.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!