Thursday, August 2, 2012

Essence: Sweet as Candy & Zoya: Chloe

Thank you guys so much for all the support. :) I don't know what I'd do without all of my wonderful e-friends. That being the case, I really wish I had a better polish to share today! Still, hopefully you can learn from my experience and buy or avoid this one with the proper information in hand.

I did not realize when I picked up essence Sweet as Candy that it was a super sheer. I'm assuming it is intended as a base for traditional french tips. I was a bit turned off to begin with because it's such a light pink, but you know I can't resist these cute little teensy bottles.



Fortunately it did live up to what I expect from the Colour & Go line as far as dry time. This is three thinnish coats and each took about 10 minutes to dry. I even did a buttload of dishes before taking these pics so the wear is great as well. Just.... I wish it wasn't so sheer!!



I tried to make myself feel better about this polish by adding a layer of Zoya Chloe. Which is still in good shape despite the mangled bottle.



Now I feel bad for Chloe using such crappy underwear.



Just check out this rainbow of color!



I tried to get a video, but the contrast was not enough for my camera to pick up. Sorry. :( I did remember to matte it, though!



Now this is more like what I'm used to seeing in other people's matted flakies pictures.



Except for that infuriating VNL. -_- Ah well. At least now I can mark it off of the list. I'll probably give Chloe another try at some point, though. Perhaps with Opal. We'll see. At the moment I'm working on a special project that will be revealed soon and tomorrow (....tonight. The post will be tomorrow) I will be giving Julep's Piper a go. Hopefully it'll be more satisfying than Melanie. LOL Hope everyone is having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Really sheer polishes can be SO frustrating. I have to say it looks lovely on you though! And Chloe is super pretty. What a shame about your bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. :) I do like that it kindly covers up the stains, but I still really prefer my polishes to cover fully. OMG Chloe is so cracked, even with the superglue patches I'm still afraid to put it in my drawer, so I think we'll be seeing a lot of that. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!