Tuesday, August 21, 2012

China Glaze: Pool Party & Shopping With Brak!

Ok. I'm gonna be honest. I'm glad I didn't spend real money (internet money is not real money) on this polish because it just pissed me off from the very beginning. Pool Party was supposed to be a neon red....





You see those pics? Looks awesome, right? Those pictures are LIES! First up, the top picture is the original matte finish and the bottom is with a shiny topcoat. Can't tell the difference? Me either. I could in real life. See the horrifying VNL I had after 4 coats? Me either. (*EDIT*- For those of you looking at your monitor like I'm stupid, maybe I am? LOL Just checked my blog on the laptop and yes, I can see the matte/shiny difference, and I can see the VNL in the top pic, at least. Still looks too red) I could in real life. See how bright and neon red that is? LIES! In reality it's more of an electric fake-watermelon color. Kinda like this:





Took those with my camera's phone. It did dry super quickly and, yeah, it's pretty neon; but I wanted red not watermelon. :( I didn't mind it so much by the end of the day and next time I wear it I'm going to not lie to myself and just put white underneath. So... yeah. Fair warning if you're looking for a neon red polish. This one is not it. Apparently Rose Among Thorns is, though, so maybe I'll give it a try....

So today Brak and I went clothes shopping. She's starting up her final semester at CTC next week and wanted new clothes. I know it's totally un-girly, but I hate clothes shopping. I have a massive chest and jumbo thighs and nobody wants to make clothes that fit proper. So I usually end up crying at some point. Not this time! Almost, because nothing cute fit, but I choked it back. I ended up with two t-shirts and a pair of panties. Anyway, I wanted a skirt but nobody's selling skirts. So we steadily tried on dresses whether we intended to actually buy them or not. Picture time!



This dress was so cute and I totally would have gotten it, but... the top was too small. She found one in her size, but it didn't fit her right either. I really liked it, but that was the biggest size on the rack. :(



That was a cute 60s inspired dress I may have gotten, but the mod-shape just doesn't flatter me. I will admit I have a pretty nice hourglass figure, but I really need a moderately cinched waste to show it off.



LOL Ok, even with the horizontal stripes this one looks better in the picture than it did in the dressing room. The bottom part is way too tight. I felt like... well... a downtown hooker trying to look sophisticated. Which, hey, I don't have anything against hookers. I think prostitution should be legalized and hookers recognized as the actual people that they are. But I digress. I didn't like it, hugged the middle a bit too much.



This one... I wanted to like. The material was so soft and the pattern was kinda funky in a good way.... It just came off way too matronly. Like I should have a bun, a few extra lbs of baggage and a bunch more cats. :/ So no dresses for Lizzy. If you're curious, none of those are what almost made me cry. I found a nice bra at Kohl's that fit great and was super cheap, but then I put one of my intended t-shirts over it... there was a weird, bumpy seam-line right across my tits. Not cool. I am happy to say that both of the t-shirts I bought were mediums and I usually wear a large. Yay!

OMG I almost forgot! Check out these kick ass shoes I wanted, but couldn't afford!



$35 isn't too bad, I just didn't have it on me. Look at those! Heels that look like hiking boots!!! I want 'em so bad! LOL In other polish related news, I did officially skip next month's Julep box. Aw. :( But wait! I'm going to be using that saved money to get last year's Bundle Monster stamping plate set. Yay! Not the original with the tiny full-nail designs, and not the new one. Set #2. It's got bigger full nail designs (so I've heard) so they should be easier to work with and it's got some wicked awesome Halloween images, too. After I post this I'm going to confirm that I have enough (Julep is $20, BM is $22) after my final dental loan payment and I'll be placing that order. So stoked. Still waiting on the SwagBucks payment to go through, but I did some digging last night and the last cashout took 9 days to clear.... *groans* I hate waiting. lol Hope everyone is having a great week!

6 comments:

  1. I like that colour even if it's not what you expected, it looks sugary lol and kind of red? Never trust that a neon will be fine on it's own! Haha :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda like it, too. After a while to get used to it not being what I expected. ;) lol Yeah, I got really lucky the first few times, but I totally need to quit trusting polishes! XD

      Delete
  2. Neon red must be a hard thing to do; I don't think I've ever seen one that's not pink or orange in a not very good disguise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does seem to be quite difficult. I'm hoping so hard that Rose Among Thorns is actually red. The blogger said "red" so hopefully her red and my red are the same.

      Delete
  3. that blue dress looked good on both of us. too bad the top part fit weird. too big on me, too small on you. the mod dress was pretty awesome on you, though. just needs a belt. :) sorry the bra almost made you cry. i wanted to cry when i saw my butt in some of those things. i dunno if it's just the way they're cutting dresses now or if my rear is really that huge, but it looked enormous! not in a good way. and boo on everyone for not making skirts!!! but thanks for taking me. i had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you had fun. And your butt is not that big. Your butt is perfect. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!