Saturday, July 21, 2012

Yves Rocher Traditional French

Happy Saturday everybody! After yesterday's longness and the stress leading up to it, was very nice being able to pass out last night and wake up naturally at 11:30 this morning. LOL I'm going to do a separate post about the wedding after I get on facebook and nab some pictures. For now it's all about polish related goodness. After yesterday's black-tipped mani I did, in fact, decide to go ahead and use the remaining two Yves Rocher polishes for a more proper French today.



Pastel Beige has to be the absolute most unflattering color on me. Even more than my own stained nails, because with this polish they just look sick. Seriously ill.



It wasn't quite as smooth as Rose, but I will say that it also has retained it's scent over the years. Unfortunately for me, the scent of Beige is butterscotch. *wrinkles nose* Strong butterscotch. Which would be great if I liked butterscotch, but I don't.



On the other hand, I can not say enough good things about Le Blanc! It is somehow this magically natural looking white that doesn't create a harsh line on the nail so it looks natural.



Seriously, just look at that! How freakin' weird is that? After the topcoat it just sort of blended in with the base creating this smooth "totally natural healthy nail" look. I feel kind of bad because I'm pretty sure this was discontinued. The other great, super amazing thing about Le Blanc?



The amazing French tip specific brush! The brush for Beige is on the left, the French tip brush is on the right. I'd say it's about half as thick as the normal one (maybe about a third of most polishes and 1/4 the size of an OPI brush :p), rounded and the short bristles give you so much control. More companies need to do this! Made tipping absolutely effortless.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Get your butt over to Lace & Lacquers! I don't know where she finds these things, but she happened across another free $10 for Copious! (allow me to invite you and get yourself an additional $10 making $20 free dollars for you! Sorry, Abbie, I don't know if most people ship internationally) Where was I..... Oh yeah! So I got my free $10 and scoured through the listings and lo and behold! I managed to snag Zoya Chloe for $0.34!! Yes! Thirty four cents! Zoya Chloe!! I'm glad Ulta's been out of stock now. :p

So, I should be getting Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It soon and the A Englands have been shipped as well. How exciting!! I also did a survey on SwagBucks this morning worth 250 points! I can't wait to see how far that jumps up my goal ticker. :D

P.S. Abbie, if you're reading this, I'm officially on strike. I will not be swatching Indigo Illusion until you try Zuza! LOL I totally understand you couldn't wait to try Graphite (go check it out, it's gorgeous!), but I'm getting antsy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but I agree that the beige is unflattering on anyone! But the white is cool how it did that :).
    LOL!! I told you I'm wearing it tomorrow! You look on monday and there it'll be ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL We'll see. ;) Looking forward to it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!