Thursday, July 5, 2012

Julep: Yumi & Essence: Walk Of Fame

Here is the first glitter I'm knocking off of my Untrieds list. I almost went for The Black Knight first, but Abbie's been so great and is always up for swatch requests and since she was so psyched for Yumi I just had to give it a try. Yumi, I think, is one of the most interesting "basic" glitters I've ever seen. The first challenge was picking out a matching base. After going up and down my stash list (and taking a few bottles outside to compare them in what was left of the sunlight) I decided on Essence: Walk of Fame.



See? Good match, I think. Now let's get on to Yumi!



If there can be such a thing as an elegant, understated glitter, Yumi is definitely that. You get these wicked flashes of holo-rainbow, but it's still a very delicate dusty pink. My only complaint is that after two coats coverage was still a bit spotty.



I was going to do one nail over black to see the difference, but... I forgot. I really do love this glitter, though. Class with flash. Two coats, only one layer of topcoat to get it smooth, dried quickly. Just look at this!



So, what about Walk of Fame?



I have such mixed feelings about this one! The formula was absolutely perfect, two coats completely dry in 25 minutes, so smooth, just awesome. The color... is kind of a weird purpley brown. I don't love it, but it served it's purpose well.



Yeah, that little bald patch is my fault. lol It is an interesting color, but I don't really see myself wearing it on it's own. Maybe I'll feel differently in the winter? Wanna see a video of Yumi? :D



Fantastic. I'm so happy I switched over to the American Beauty box for this one. I also got quite a nice surprise last night when Colette (the water marble Queen behind My Simple Little Pleasures) responded to my comment on her latest video!



hehehe I'm starstruck. If you want to see how cool it can look when polishes work together, check out her 4th of July water marble here. Time to go pick up some more polish remover. Hope everyone's having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I was almost sad to take it off!

      Delete
  2. Thanksssss it's rather pretty! I bet you're all glittered out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so pretty. Unexpected in a good way. After today I'm starting to get a bit tired of glitter.... but that's why it's a challenge! lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!