Friday, July 27, 2012

Hello Kitty: Bubble Gum & OPI: Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It

I have no idea how I'm still awake right now. Last night Aaron promised his mom we'd be over to mow today and, given the insane Texas Summer heat, we knew we would have to get out early. Last night we had to stay up for the repeat of the new Burn Notice and by that time it was late so we decided to sleep in shifts. I got midnight to 4am, he got 6:30 to 9am. :/ Still, we managed to drag ourselves out of the house and zombie our way through yet another bout of jungle mowing. He paid off Borderlands 2 and I put down another $10 on Sims: Supernatural so it was well worth it. Well, that and doing what we said we were going to do for his mother since we're all young and strapping.... sorta.

Halfway through that brutal yard battle I was sure I'd come home and pass out, but there was still the feeding of my mom and the animals to consider. So we washed off the dirt and went back out. He had the brilliant idea to grab Chinese for lunch and the smell in the car motivated us enough to finish off the day's errands. Even so I wasn't sure I could manage finishing off my mani and typing up the blog, yet here I am. Because I said I would be. So without any further rambling I present to you Hello Kitty: Bubble Gum!



I absolutely adore the bottles!!



So, how was it? Let me tell you with all honesty: It was not that bad. I'm not just saying that because it's Hello Kitty and cost $10/bottle, either. I started with my basecoat franken, as usual. The first coat was a bit streaky, but whatever right? That's practically expected with almost any polish. The bristles are a bit short so for the second coat I dipped the brush twice to make sure I got smooth, even coverage. Example: dip~middle swipe~side swipe~dip~side swipe~middle swipe~done. I was pretty proud of myself. And the result, as you can see, is just as good as any polish not put out by a company specializing in cartoon cats. I thought it may have been lightly scented, but that could have been an olfactory illusion since I've been using so many chemical-smelling polishes lately. It did seem like it was taking a wee bit long to dry so I did topcoat. I only have one beef with this polish:



They are sold with this "safety wrap" around the bottle and when I took it off it took some of the silver with it. :/ On both bottles. Ah well. Better than cracked, right?

After gorging myself on lo mein and orange chicken I decided I could manage to at least paint on OPI's Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It while finishing up on SwagBucks. I love how it looks over Bubble Gum.



I have to admit, I'm totally lusting after shaped glitter. I haven't plunged into the Indie scene yet (likely I will wait until the hype dies down a bit), but I think NMBI and America the Beautiful are filling the shapey-glitter-gap nicely.



NMBI is a sheer pink (jelly) base with little pink flakes and, of course, the hearts. The hearts were an immense pain to stick to my nails and dropping them usually resulted in a blob of polish around the heart. So I topped it off with a second coat actively trying to not grab hearts. Just to try and smooth things out. The hearts really wanted to converge at my tips and that's just not cute. Fortunately it did dry pretty quickly (for a jelly). LOL

I've reached my SB goal (only four days left 'til the 300SB bonus!!), typed this up and now I will take my butt to bed. Sure I'll probably wake up at 3am, but at this point I don't think Skyrim would keep me up for even one more hour. I'll update my stash page and catch up on y'all's blogs whenever I wake up. :) Hope everyone has a safe and relaxing (or exciting, if that's your thing) weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I really love that colour! I'm very surprised as pink isn't my thing but that colour just goes so nicely with your skintone :D I hope you're well rested when you read this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge pink fan either, but for Hello Kitty I felt like I kinda had to. lol I forgot to mention it's a very blue-toned pink. It kinda comes across in the pictures and it really is that way. I did get some sleep last night. lol ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!