Sunday, July 15, 2012

Essence: You Belong To Me & CH Nail: 02 (Blue Glow)

Oh my oh my. Oh my. I have good news and bad news concerning my glow in the dark polish, but let's start with the base.



Essence: You Belong To Me tried to trick me! I thought it was for sure a powder blue, but once I got it out into the sun there is definitely a hint of green in there. Nice little surprise. You'll notice I have a white nail there so we can all see what 02 looks like over white. Aren't I clever? LOL



YBTM also appears to have a slight shimmer. Two quick drying coats. Absolutely lovely.



CH Nail: 02 is... so... pungent! Take Models Own and KleanColor and add them together. Even after topcoat and sleeping all night I could still smell it. Also, very thick and gloopy.



Look at those bubbles! *ugh* That could have been partially my fault because I was in a bit of a hurry to get it on, but still.

The good news is that 02 has some serious glow! I woke up at 5:30 this morning and the room was all dark except for my Hello Kitty light (don't judge, it came with the clock!) and my nails were so bright!! :D Unfortunately....



They were a bright green.... poo biscuits.



Just to make sure it wasn't my poor vision (I swear I can see color!) I went with two plain coats of 02 and two of that skull bottle green.



See? 02 went on a lot more smoothly there. No bubbles or anything. Weird. So what's the verdict?



It looks blue!!



And it looks green again.... wtf? *shrugs* So weird. After this I just couldn't take the suspense anymore and just had to check #12.



Yay!! It may not be red red like the picture, but it's definitely 100% not green. That glowy beauty is for another day. Tonight, I feel like playing with magnets. :)

If you haven't "liked" Lace & Lacquers on facebook yet, hop to it! Aside from being almost maddeningly cute, she always manages to find so many giveaways and deals! Not only did I get referred to Copious through her, she found a link for another free $10 for Friday the 13th! I managed to snag OPI's Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It (the one with the heart-shaped glitter) for 60cents! :D Seriously, go sign up for Copious, get your $10 and go like Lace & Lacquers for your own (nearly) free polishes. Fabulous. Oh! And A England reached 5000 Likes! Just a couple more days 'til we find out what the surprise is. EEEeeeeee!!!!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. LOL why is it green?! Hopefully the red glow is red hahhahha:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit frustrating. Depending on what the A England surprise is (and how much I have left if it's a sale) I found another blue glow-in-the-dark that looks promising on eBay.

      Delete
  2. Interesting post! I wouldn't have thought to layer that Essence over white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I'm getting a bit better at layering over the past couple of months.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!