Friday, July 6, 2012

Butter London: The Black Knight & KleanColor: Metallic Black

Welcome to Glitter #2! I think I might be getting sick, so please excuse me if things get a bit.... off. ? Let's start off easy with the beautiful deep-space-looking wonder that is Butter London: The Black Knight!



Given the mixed reviews I've seen concerning Butter London ("It's great!"/"It's runny"/"So smooth!"/"very goopy") I'm glad I got a glitter. Seems it would be difficult to get a "bad" glitter formula. As it is it seemed a bit thick applying, but look at all that glitter! I know we've all seen it, but considering I got The Black Knight because of Monty Python, I had to share the lid, too.



Hey, Abbie, does that mean something? The hand. *shrugs* It tickles me. Anyway, close-up!!



I think that's coming off a bit more overall red than it should be. The glitters are predominantly teal and pink (lovely!!) with some silver/holo sprinkled in. I did put this over black, but I think the base black is opaque enough that you could go without. Especially after two coats which... I don't remember if it really needed or I just thought a second would be a good idea. It did kinda need the two layers of topcoat, though, and I knew when I started applying it, that the matte would be coming out.



So pretty! I don't know which version I like better.



Like I said, I don't think this needs a base to go over, but I thought it might (you can never tell with glitter) so I opted for KleanColor Metallic Black which, you may or may not remember, I got for free with my $10 credit when I signed up with Copious.com. ;)



HAHA! My hands looks like a spider crawling over that bottle. *ahem* This one definitely needed two coats, but it was worth it. I don't know if I really consider it "metallic", but it is smooth and shiny.



Sorta has a silvery/metallic undertone.... *shrugs* It dried quickly and applied fairly smoothly. If a bit awkwardly thanks to the teeny brush. Ready for The Black Knight in action?!



...Much prettier in person. Uhm.... Oh yeah! I got my bridesmaid dress yesterday.



I know, I know, it looks plastic. It's not plastic. As far as I can tell. I don't know what it's made of, but I'm going to say definitely probably not plastic. Also, my arms look fat. :p Need to get up earlier and start pumping some iron. Also... need to figure out what to do with my bangs so less of my forehead shows.... hrm. First things first, need to see what everybody wants on their pizza! And possibly pick up some orange juice while we're out. -_- Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh it's so pretty! Deffo galaxy nails in a bottle :) I'm not sure about the hand lol. Look at your skinny waist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Thank you!! :D I absolutely love Black Knight. Definitely probably worth $14. ;) lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!