Sunday, July 22, 2012

Black Radiance: B-Girl & Nails Inc: Farringdon

Hello everybody! Boy do I have a gorgeous polish for you! A few days ago I was in Walgreens and noticed some polish displays on an inside aisle where I had never noticed any before. Gotta look, right? So I looked and there was this new display with some interesting looking polishes. The bottles reminded me a bit of Butter London and they were only $2.99! So I sat checking the names first. None of them really inspired me so I fell back to deciding by color. That's when I picked up B-Girl by Black Radiance.



Now, you'll notice on the bottle there it says "Girls Rock" and I thought that was the brand name. Silly me. When I got home I noticed the label "Black Radiance" on the back. So... I'm assuming these polishes are geared towards African-American ladies. But, polish is polish, right? I can see how this color would really pop on someone with a darker complexion, but it's still pretty nice on my Caucasian hands. lol



The formula was fantastic. Two smooth, quick drying coats that ended with a satin finish! Surprise!! It is slightly more green in real life than is showing in the pictures. I had plans for this polish and so I went over the lovely satin finish (*cries*) with a topcoat.



Really thought you'd be able to see the shimmer better.... The true color is somewhere between picture #2 and #3. Truly spectacular greenish teal.

Then I had to break out Nails Inc Farringdon. One of the surprise polishes from the lovely Abbie. This is a fantastic golden crackle!



I was a bit worried at first because it's made up of teeny little sparkles and I forgot to shake it first, but the end result is just stunning!



So why did I think that gold and teal would look good? Thanks to Brandi's last Twinsie Tuesday post. lol It's not bad, but I think I'll try Tarnished Gold over black when I get to it. I've got something that should be super pretty and fun for tomorrow then, hopefully, Indigo Illusion on Tuesday! ;) Hope everyone's enjoyed their weekend!

8 comments:

  1. in the one picture with the bottle of glitter crackle the glitter almost looks silver not gold! I hate how pictures don't truly capture colors sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG me too! It was kind of weird because I was looking at the bottle and there is some silver in there! I guess it's for extra sparkle?

      Delete
  2. Pretty colour! Despite my hatred for crack I have to say it looks okay but only because everyone knows gold and teal/turquoise go together ;). Heh I think you most definitely will be wearing II tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does go together a lot better than I would have thought. Got my first coat of Indigo Illusion on now. ;) yay! lol

      Delete
  3. Pretty colour. The crakle is also nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. :) I'm still totally loving the crackles.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!