Monday, July 30, 2012

Barry M: Magnetic Dark Silver

Wow. So... I had a really good reason for why I decided not to do Camelot or Minty or any of the new polishes I picked up. I just have no idea what it could have been anymore. Regardless, I was browsing my list and I have 4 (3 now) magnetic polishes I haven't swatched yet! I'm not going to do them all in a row like the glitters (omg I have more of those now.....), but I figure I could try to do a magnetic Monday 'til they're all done? If I remember. ;) Always with the good intentions. All of that aside I now have for you Barry M's Magnetic Dark Silver.



There it is by itself. A lovely, smooth and super quick drying dark silver color. Huzzah! Interestingly, after taking the magnet to this polish the background goes almost full black and the design is a lighter silver.



I alternated the star on the China Glaze magnet with the Barry M "star" magnet which I used on the Nabi Green here. I think I may have not used quite a thick enough second layer. I did get a bit of design, but not quite as contrasty as I had hoped.



I have the hardest time getting these images centered! Which is a shame because if I could have gotten them more centered, then what I did next would have looked tons better.



I whipped out one of my new dotting tools and did a dot in the center of the stars first with Sally Hansen Gunmetal and then a smaller one in the center of those with essence Icy Princess.



I was going to topcoat to kind of bring the whole thing together, but.... I didn't. lol Oh, I didn't topcoat the magnetic either, that's it's natural finish.

120SB goal for today. Just this one and tomorrow 'til my bonus points! And I only need 32 to reach today's goal. *fingers crossed* I'm over 70% to my big goal! :D So exciting. Hope everyone's week is off to a great start.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, nice contrast in this one. I rather like the random dots, like stars in a constellation scattered across your nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It didn't turn out quite the way I envisioned, but now I feel a lot better about it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!