Sunday, July 29, 2012

A England: King Arthur +Python Mani +Art

"OMG Lizzy where were you yesterday we were so worried about you!" LOL Calm down, it's ok. Started off my day playing Skyrim so I didn't start my nails until late. Then Brak's in town (YAY!!) and needed help moving a fridge, then I got back and was roped into chat. So no blog, but plenty of fun and friends for me. :) This is gonna be a bit long, so I hope you're ready for a ride!

A England's King Arthur is a gorgeous steel grey. Two coats and lightening fast dry time!



Seriously, I painted my nails maybe five minutes before we left for Brak's and took these pics after I got home. So there is a bit of tip wear, but no wetness damage!



The color there is a little off, but you can see the sparkles. :) It is similar to Sally Hansen Gunmetal, but with a much smoother formula and a bit less blue.

Once I had a moment to sit down it was time to back-track and bring forth the only reason I bought my first OPI at full price. Monty Python and the Holy Grail. We start, of course, with King Arthur. After a run-in with the Knights Who Say Ni! he finds himself tasked with cutting down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring!



Get it? Now King Arthur has A Herring Problem! Get it?! Anyway, this ruffian turned out quite a bit better than my first attempt. But wait! There's more!! Remember I wanted to try a double ruffian?



Eh? Eh? Get it? Cuz King Arthur's herring problem stands between him and the Holy Grail? XD Ok, so this may have made a bit more sense if King Arthur and Holy Grail were reversed, but it's still a work in progress. I've also got to find a way to work in Camelot and The Black Knight. hehehehe

Changing directions for a bit. Guess what came in the mail yesterday!



My dotting tools!! Yes, all 5 for 99cents on eBay. So of course I had to pull up Abbie's wicked awesome dotting tool tutorial and see if I could pull off a couple of her ideas.



Not too shabby. I have flowers on the left, a mustache and monocle which could have been better and leopard spots which really are easier than you think! Well, easier than I thought, at least. Seriously awesome! :D

That was going to be the end of this post, but since I didn't get it up before we left I do have two more things. First, we went by Goodwill for... some reason I'm not entirely sure of. They had four little buckets full of KleanColor!!



From left to right I got: Peaceful Heart, a green base with small green glitter and blue heart glitters; Twinkly Love, clear base packed with pink & silver & blue heart glitters; and Silver Star, a clear base with silver/holo small glitters and star glitters. :D I almost got another one that had little moon-shaped glitters, but they were so sparse I knew I'd never be able to dig them out. Then once I did... no more moons. :( So I skipped that one.

Then we went to HEB. Funny story. I told him about the Wet n Wild magnetics so we went over to the WnW area to see if they were there. They were not. One of the fast dry polishes caught his attention and I explained to him they were all named after TV shows. So we're going down the line "Blue Wants to be a Millionaire, Sagreena, The Gold & The Beautiful, FuchsiaRama....." *blinks* FuchsiaRama!?!?



OMG I love Futurama!! Which, of course, he knows so he grabbed the bottle from me and dropped it in the basket. :) He was in a particularly good mood since I suggested we check out O'Mart and he got a really good deal on a set of katanas there, but he'd have done that anyway. Such an enabler. *hearts* So now I have a ton to update on my stash page and I still have to figure out which polish to swatch next. Good news, though! My Maven box has been shipped so that should be in any day now and I'm 70% to my manic haul cashout goal. *squee* Oh, speaking of that. If you haven't seen swatches of the China Glaze Bohemian collection yet The PolishAholic has them here. After looking over them I decided the only one I really want/need is Swanky Silk, so that'll save me quite a bit of money. It's on my list! Ok, I think that was it. Long winded much? Time to update my page then get back to making that internet monies! Hope everyone's enjoyed their weekend.

4 comments:

  1. i went looking on your blog yesterday and saw no blog...normally i would figure you were sick but i knew Brak was back (say that 10 times fast! lmao) so i figured you were with her all day! :)

    i love King Arthur! But i love grays! Especially the darker or chrome ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Brak is back! :D And she'll be here for a while so that'll be nice. I figured you would like this one. :) The color may not be terribly unique, but the formula is AMAZING!

      Delete
  2. I was wondering! I like the first two ruffian colours together they look good :) I told you that leopard print was easy ;) but all three look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I liked the first one, too. I think the one came out a little smoother, though. I totally need to pick out some colors for a leopard print mani. I can't believe how easy it was!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!