Monday, May 28, 2012

SH: In The Spotlight & Greyscale "Ombre"

Hello, hello, hello. Hope everyone is being safe this Memorial Day. I saw In The Spotlight yesterday at HEB and could not walk past it. I also could not wait to try it out. One of the best ways to create contrast with glitter is to put it over black, right? Oh, but that's just too simple! So I dug through my drawers and I managed to find five greyscale polishes. Well.... mostly.

Lefty


Righty


It looks "ok", but I really would have liked for them to either be all creams or all metallics. :/ Since I wasn't willing to sit here and franken up the perfect mix, I guess this would have to do. Except that I ran into a bit of bad luck. I decided to use the Models Own topcoat and it bubbled again and also after hours of sitting here (catching up on the last few episodes of Supernatural) it didn't end up fully try before bed!! *cries* So please excuse the horrible mess you are about to be exposed to in this pic-spam-ilicious post.

First: Wet n Wild French White Creme. Whenever you see me use white, this is it. Only useable white I have.

Shiny
Matte


Second: Wet n Wild Metallica. I also got this yesterday because HEB had 50cents off coupons. Made this half price! I was kinda hoping it would be more chromey, but oh well.

Shiny
Matte


Third: Ulta Concrete Evidence, which you have seen before. Just not matte!

Shiny
Matte


Fourth: Sally Hansen Gunmetal. I've had this for a long time and for the life of me I have no idea why there is a rubberband around the lid/handle. I know I didn't buy it like that.....

Shiny
Matte


Fifth: Last but not least, Maybelline Onyx Rush. I do have other blacks, but this one dries quickly and I got it before I learned about all the companies that do animal testing, so I'm kinda trying to use it up quickly. Check out that rainbow shimmer when it's matte-ified! I wonder if the others do that....

Shiny
Matte


Yep. Cheater links. :p I topped the whole shebang off with Sally Hansen In The Spotlight. I love the holo bar glitter, but I did have to fish for pieces.

GLITTER!!


I love the way the light plays off the glitter.



Of course I absolutely love it matte! Especially the white.

Matte!


Uhm... Ignore the fly. I tried to redo the video, but my battery is getting low....



So there you have it. The SwagBucks team is on vacation today, so I guess that's the reason for another low goal?

Only a few more days


I got another one of the Collector Bills, but there is still one that eludes me. *fingers crossed* Now to get dressed, grab dinner, update my stash page and make sure I get some walking in today! My mom went and got me a bag of gummies and stupid me couldn't find my "rationing tub" and ate the whole blasted thing within an hour.... *sigh*

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. lol Yeah. It's a small ziploc tub I put the gummies in so I can take out, like, 7 at a time (however much is a serving) and then hide the rest so I don't eat 'em all at once. :p

      Delete
  2. I like this look, it is a shame they weren't all in the same finish but it still looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) Just lets me know I need more polish. ;) lol

      Delete
  3. I love it matte! Ate a bag in an hour? I could eat that in ten minutes. Gummies are so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I can never seem to resist them. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!