Monday, May 21, 2012

essence: Lime Up! (+ChG: Glam-More)

Had my first (ever) bridal party meeting last night. :D It was pretty fun. We got a lot of stuff sorted and thankfully nobody's made of money so when we go dress shopping it's not going to be this huge, stressy "omg I'm going to have to take out a loan for this dress" kind of affair. I'm actually looking forward to it. O_o I know! And Tammy totally understands that when we all go get our nails done for the ceremony I will not be getting acrylics. I do have to get 'em painted to match everybody else, but it might be nice to be a little pampered for a change. Lone Star Pin-Ups is doing her hair and make-up and she's going to see if that includes us or if they can cut us a deal, cuz... again... pampered. I never had a big ceremony (didn't really want one) so this is my chance to take advantage of all those little things without having to be the center of attention. Perfect!

Last night I came home and decided I wanted something totally different from what I've been wearing. So I went for essence: Lime Up!. Yes, the exclamation point is part of the name. I love me some lime green, especially when it goes on so smoothly and dries so quickly. This is two coats and all the digs and dents are battle scars. Nothing wrong with the polish. lol





I love this color. "Ugly" lime green. It's not neon, but it's definitely not subdued either. I was going to do another coat before pics, but I earned that damage. Finished the porch a day before my deadline! Aaron helped with the stuff that was too heavy to move on my own; he's been busy trying to get his own stuff done. Can't wait to show pics of that, it's so cool!! *ahem* Anyway, since I did do so well getting the porch done I decided to treat myself a bit. A little "good job" present. I went by Ulta, but they didn't have the glitter crackles. They do have the new Zoya summer collection (I want that shimmery green!!), but I didn't want to spend that much just yet with Sally's so nearby. So I grabbed the yellow essence that HEB has been failing to restock (wanna be your sunshine) and headed over to see if Sally's had the glitter crackles. Guess what? They did! I always expect to get the green first, but I'm already wearing green and I wanted to get the crackle on my nails right-freakin-now so I got the hot pinkish one.





These colors together did not want to photograph! LOL I used one super thick coat to make sure the glitter was dense enough to totally cover the green underneath. It gets that lumpy matte finish on it's own, but two (or three) layers of topcoat reward you with smooth, glittery joy.





That second picture is the most color accurate. And that bottle is this 2-in-1 nail art pen thingy I picked up at Goodwill for $1.50. *yay* I did matte a nail to see how it looked, but it's all overcast now so this is an indoor pic and you really don't see much. Well.... you might, I don't. I like it better shiny from what I got to see in person.





Yep, I'll be getting the other three. Maybe not the purple, but at least the green and blue. Online where it's cheaper. Speaking of online, I did get my CashCrate check cashed and deposited (deposited the cash cuz I'm impatient) and Thursday I'll be ordering my first A Englands!!! 8D I'm most excited to get my grubby little man hands on Order of the Garter. Fell in love with it when I first saw Abbie's Swatch. Seriously, go look. You'll be hard pressed to find a more divine blue.

SwagBucks had a bit of a lofty goal today, but I expected as much. They mentioned... Friday, I believe, that today they were doing a ton of SwagCodes so I've been neurotically refreshing this widget and I've gotten three so far! I think there's supposed to be seven today? I dunno. It's late now so I probably missed at least one. Regardless, thanks to the survey they were kind enough to let me finish I surpassed today's goal as well:



All in all things are pretty good. We're going to jungle mow this week and I think I'm going to get Master Suite Stuff for sims. The guy I'm working on now doesn't really warrant it (yet?), but I do want to get that before investing in Showtime. That's gonna be exciting. Hope everyone has a great week. Take care!

6 comments:

  1. do you have Pets? that's the one i wanna get next. And Master Suite for the stuff packs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have everything except Master Suite and Showtime. Want to catch up on those cuz they're releasing a "Diesel" stuff pack soon. Apparently that's a brand... Kinda like how they did IKEA and H&M for sims 2.

      Delete
  2. That wedding sounds like fun! I'd love a day of pampering ;) that green is perfect for the sun too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's trying to make it fun, so it's nice to not have to regret saying yes. :) Essence has a ton of bright colors I'm looking forward to wearing.

      Delete
  3. You're going to love the A-Englands! I love that crackle with the top coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AIYEEE!!! Paypal is killing me! My deposit is supposed to get in there today and I'm so tired of waiting! I absolutely love these glitter crackles. I was going to get one and ended up ordering Nubar Absolute instead. *hehehe* Blue holo on it's way! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you!