Friday, May 11, 2012

Essence: Icy Princess & Silver Compare

Yep, I went with one from yesterday's haul even though I have a whole box of unworns. ;) I had a reason, though! Which will be the second part of this post. First, everybody say "Hello" to my right hand who is showing off Icy Princess for us today.

Hi, Righty!


Icy Princess is just as lovely to apply as all of the rest of the Colour & Go polishes. In my experience, anyway. I was hesitant to pick this one up, because I already have two very similar polishes. So I used my left hand to compare them! The results were... interesting. First up, the polishes:



From left to right we have China Glaze Icicle, Wet n Wild Silvivor, and essence Icy Princess. They kinda look like they might be subtley different in the bottles. Let's see what happens after one coat.



Same order left-to-right. China Glaze appears to be the only real one coater. Nice and thick. Silvivor had that super stiff brush the rest of the "fastdry" polishes have, and appeared to be the thinnest of the three. Icy Princess was very middle-of-the-road in this compare. Could have gone with one coat, but kinda needed a second and went on very smoothly. All three dried really really quickly. How about two coats of each?



......I don't see a bit of difference. I kind of do in the dark by my monitor light, ever so slight variations in tinting, but that could just be my eyes. After two coats they are, as far as I can see, identical. So I guess it comes down to price ($7, $2 & $1 respectfully), formula (Icicle is a one coater) and preference. I do have a Gunmetal kinda like these, but it's obviously darker. These.... yep, these are the same. lol I guess there's only so much you can do with microscopic silver glitter.

Just for kicks before I take this off, I added a layer of Frenzy.



So it doesn't look great over silver. While we were at Walgreens Aaron pulled the "It's only $3, just pick two" card, so I got Frenzy and Fiji which is a creamy, dusky looking purple. I've got about 4 hours before I have to pick up my dad (from Heights, not Dallas) so I should be able to do my nails before then. I wonder what I'll pick. Thanks to those of you who've voted! If you're not subscribed or don't comment, vote anyway! If you're coming by then your opinion counts, too. Still waiting on Beetlejuice and the $10 from Swagbucks. Always waiting..... lol Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I want to see your whole stash :P! I know it's meant to be anonymous voting buuuuuut I'm a spoil sport :P I can't believe you have three identical polishes! You crazy lady lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I didn't even realize it was anonymous until I couldn't resist and checked the results early. ;) I'm really hoping Beetlejuice gets here soon so I can include those. I really think I must be crazy because even knowing they look exactly the same, I kinda like having them all. Like backups in case a bottle breaks or something.

      Delete
  2. I want one with pink confetti!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno if I have a pink glitter like that one. I'll have to keep my eyes open for ya. :)

      Delete
  3. I love a one-coater!! I agree that I can't see a difference in the second pic. I probably would go with the Essence based on price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Yeah. The bottles may be tiny, but a dollar is just too easy to part with.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!