Monday, May 7, 2012

ChG: Turned Up Turquoise

Shall I start with the polish? I think that seems to be a decent way to start. And since I put it on yesterday it makes sense chronologically. So what am I waiting for?! Oh... I dunno. I now present China Glaze: Turned Up Turquoise!!



It is classified as a neon, and it does have sort of an inner glow, even if it isn't "eye-hurty". To me it looked more like a seafoam green than turquoise, but it is still quite lovely. It went on insanely smoothly and dried really quickly as well. Which was expected since it's a (neon) matte. I'm so sorry I didn't end up getting a picture with shiney topcoat, but....



It chipped. :/ I was also going to do a side-by-side with Phoebe, but... the chips. Sorry! *cries* It's obviously greener than Phoebe, but I still wanted to see them together. I think this is the first time I've really encountered the "matte polishes chip like mad" problem. It really did. Once it started it just flaked right off. So I'm thinking next time I'll topcoat/mattecoat and that should help.

Today I got it into my head that it was time to clean out my makeup box. I have one of those big Kaboodle boxes (sparkly green, surprised?) and it was getting hard to close and a lot of that makeup is/was over 10 years old. Some of it, honestly, I've had since the early 90s. *yikes* I regularly have to replace my powder, and I just got new mascara, so while I was at HEB I checked out the essence rack again and nabbed myself some fresh eyeshadow.



And this translucent matte powder that I haven't tried yet. The eyeshadow is freakin' lovely, though! It's so shimmery and goes on smoothly with great coverage. You'll get to see that in a minute. I did keep some recent eyeshadows, but now I have only 4 instead of almost 30. I also chunked all but 3 of my lipsticks (about 15 of those in the trash). I tried finding a good (new) one, but I really like the one I use. It's not that old.... maybe a year? *shrugs* Anyway, while I was in the area I also nabbed this beauty:



Color Club: Fly With Me. It reminds me of a glitter/metalic version of Cha Cha Cha. I couldn't resist. So I mentioned Aaron and I were doing a photo shoot. It was so much fun (it usually is) and we did get some great pictures. I also got some decent face shots so now I'm happy with my fb profile pic. I also really liked this one that I'm sharing here.



Ok, the eyeshadow isn't as prominant as I thought. You can see it under my eyes there. The greenish looking white under my brows is some fancy (expensive... Physicians Formula?) palette Aaron got me a while back. It's intended for green eyes, so the colors make my blue eyes green-blue looking, but I like the white as a highlighter. Uhm.... ok, just so that he doesn't sound totally daft: He didn't think I had green eyes, he picked it because I liked the greens, golds and purples in it. Neither of us thought it would make that big of a difference. lol Since I'm on a roll (and in case anybody else is curious) my "eyeliner" is Revlon Black Galaxy eyeshadow, my "blush" is Revlon Lilac Shimmer eyeshadow, my powder is e.l.f. and my lipstick is Jane Shy of Shrimp. There. In case you were on the edge of your seat. As you can see I'm also wearing the earrings gifted to me by my wonderful mother-in-law. :D So awesome. Cumbersome, but not that heavy.

Uhm.... I think that's it. Oh wait! That's not it. So I finally cashed out the $10paypal on Swagbucks and apparently it could take 7-21 days to process? That's pretty insane. I hope they still have that polish up on eBay by then. I also cashed out about $2.50 on InstantCashSweepstakes.com and that money is already safely in my paypal account. Huzzah! That didn't take long at all either. Definitely a keeper and you should totally give it a shot. Seriously, 3 minutes every 3 hours is no big commitment and you don't even have to do it that frequently, just that's how long it takes the countdown to reset. So that's the maximum. Yeah.... I end up winning something every time I get on and most of the "surveys" are only 3 questions long. I don't know for sure if it's international or not, though... sorry. :/

Okay, now I think that's it. Did anybody catch the super moon last night? Sandy said it wasn't that impressive, but I'm still bummed it was overcast here. :( Either way, hope y'all enjoyed the weekend!

8 comments:

  1. i love sea foam green! i agree the polish looks more like that than turquoise...but i wouldn't call it a neon?

    if the Color Club Fly With Me is sheer you should totally put it over top of Cha Cha Cha!! bet it would look pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! It probably would. :D I'll have to test it out for sheerness. I saw a swatch of it and it did look kinda sheer. Huzzah! Great idea. :)

      Delete
  2. I really like that cg! It looks velvety :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) Some colors really lend themselves to a matte finish.

      Delete
  3. I like your eyeshadow! Isn't this nail color fab?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) And yes it is! I'm really digging these super bright colors.

      Delete
    2. You know what? Your hands are really pretty. That may be a strange compliment, but I just looked at the picture again and I was like...she has nice hands. Lol!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!