Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Zoya: Marley (plus WnW: Wild Card)

Lately I've gotten into the habit of checking out swatches other people have done of polishes I'm about to post. I don't know why. If I hadn't done that in this case, I never would have known that Marley and Gemma are sisters! From the six polish Intimates collection. I won't be trying to get the other sisters, though there's a shimmery purple one that's pretty. If I find her on clearance, fine; but I'm not going out of my way. lol Anyway, after getting distracted from my recent Zoya mini-haul I finally got around to giving Marley a whirl.



Such a pretty pastel lavendar color. Applied smoothly and easily in two medium coats. Then I made the mistake of using some of my old NYC Shiny top coat and got bubbles galore.



It's a little hard to see in the pic, but they were there! I think I'm going to dump the rest of that, clean out the bottle and hang on to it until I figure out what I want to franken. The more I looked at Marley, the more she looked familiar. Then it came to me. Marley looks like Babe! Not spot on, but close enough that I wanted to compare the two.



Babe is on my ring and index fingers. Hrm. The difference was more pronounced indoors. Marley has a nearly imperceptible white sheen (zero in on my middle finger and look closely! lol) so she's slightly lighter than Babe. Slightly. For today I decided it was time to pull out Wet n Wild: Wild Card (which I knew to be pretty sheer) and see how that one looks.



*facepalm* I should have either done that this morning before pics or used a quick-dry coat. It is a really pretty, almost swimmy shimmer. Sorry my pic sucks so bad.

I don't know if I'm paranoid or just that my neck hurts so much, but I'm about done trying to comment on people's facebook stuff. It's like I'm invisible! Oh, sure, other people before and after me with have their comment responded to and question answered, but I may as well have not even said anything. I mean, it's bad enough when I'm walking through the store and someone tries to walk through me like I'm not standing there, or driving and someone tries to merge into me like I'm not right there, but these are supposed to be my friends! Whatever. (I don't mean you, Sandy. Other people. Or Brak, I know what she's up to.) My neck hurts so bad today. Even the faint jolt from accelerating about had me in tears. No hunching over to make octopi today! Even though they keep coming out cuter and cuter.... I'm gonna paint my nails (Nabi magnetic review tomorrow!) and just sit here watching cartoons and stretching. While this adorable little bugger sits and watches. LOL

6 comments:

  1. I do that with polishes I'm about to post too! Lol Marley is pretty on you :) hmm that sucks about you being a ghost ;) but it does :(. Your octopi are soo cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thanks. Gets kind of addicting to check other people, huh? Sometimes they'll notice something (like that white shine in Marley) that I never would have.

      Delete
  2. aww *hugs* i totally understand the invisible thing! :( i haven't been online at all today...or much this past weekend...and sometimes is does seem like no one really notices :(

    but on another note...your octopuses would make really great birthday gifts....hint hint wink wink lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, I figured you were busy with family Easter stuff. *wink~wink*

      Delete
  3. Omg we are SUCH twins! We used Marley on the same day! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I know, right? Great minds. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!