Saturday, April 28, 2012

China Glaze: Full Spectrum

Howdy howdy howdy. :) I don't know what is up with me today, but I'm so tired. So if I start rambling or stop making sense, please forgive me. Last night I was sitting here trying to figure out which of the Prismatic polishes I wanted to try first. They all kind of look the same in our crummy yellow light, so I covered up the bottles and had Aaron pick a color from the caps. "That's not fair" he says. lol Apparently not since he ended up picking Full Spectrum. The lavendar/pinky/silverish one. So that method may have backfired a bit. Still, look at all this glitter!!



Full Spectrum is a tad thick (as I've read the rest of them are as well), but it dried almost instantly! So three coats for full opacity was no big deal. Except for the time I waited on three layers of topcoat, because this is one of those rough glitters that eats topcoat like candy. I wanted it smooth, though, because smoothed over glitters look better matte-ed than rough ones, right? Anyway, here's an out of focus picture so you can fully appreciate the sheer amount of glitter.



I mentioned yesterday that the bottles kept changing color on me so I wasn't sure which was which in regards to the picture. Apparently there is a prismatic effect to the glitter that... I didn't quite understand until I was looking at the picture of the bottle. Why did I just take a picture of the bottle? Why not? Other people do it so I figured I'd give it a shot.



See how it kinda looks half empty? It really isn't. The top half is showing the darker lavendar and the bottom is showing the lighter pinky color. :) Weird, huh? My advice is if you're going to grab any of these, then look at the bottle from as many angles as you can. They are decieving! Partly thanks to this sort of duochrome, partly because they're all the same pastelly kind of shades (more or less, one of them was obviously a darker blue if I remember correctly), and partly because I think the large glitter is the same in all of them.... A point which I'll make shortly. First, though, Matte!



Hrm. I think I actually like this better shiney. Because, when matte, it kind of accentuates the one part of this polish I'm on the fence about. The bigger glitter pieces. I think I would have preferred either all coordinating with the base, or all opposite from the base. (You know, like purple with orange and yellow for example?) Instead they decided to use all colors for the bigger glitter. I saw red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, dark blue, pink and silver. Can you see them all?



I'm not sure whether I like it or not? Maybe if there was a little less of it? It just kinda feels like they had a ton of leftover glitter and just dumped it in. *shrugs* That said, I'm still looking forward to the glitter crackles. lol Overall I do like this color. Not just because it's China Glaze or just because it was $8 and I'd feel kind of obligated. I just think it's better shiney and if I don't scrutinize the bigger glitters too much. I did see one of them (possibly Ray-Diant?) swatched over black and that was gorgeous so I'm probably going to try that with one of them. I also discovered something else kinda cool looking while I was doing my toes last night.



That's one coat of Full Spectrum over one coat of Lumin-Icecent. If I had intended to glitter my toes I would have picked Foil Me Once (the pink one) to match better, but it was an afterthought. Still, I can put Ray-Diant (the green one, according to my spreadsheet) over Perfect Mol-Ten and see how that does.

In other news, I'm getting bombarded with paid-to-watch videos all of a sudden! I'm not complaining, that's more money in my "pocket", just seems weird. Last time I had this many was around Christmas. I wonder if something is going on? Either way, I'll be cashing out a couple accounts soon! :D In the meantime, I'm all caught up so I think I'll go take a nice, warm nap outside. It's freezing in here. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

8 comments:

  1. pritty! it looks like shiny fish scales. i mean that in the most mermaid way possible. i still didn't do my toes, just been zombied here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you mean it. ;) Hope your zombification is helping a little.

      Delete
  2. Very bling, good for a birthday or party or general fancy place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol it does seem like they dumped in a bunch of random glitter. I wont buy the China Glaze because I don't love these, but I did buy a Wet n Wild one at Rite Aid. I'm actually really liking it at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. :) Wet n Wild does have some pretty sweet colors. Can't wait to see it.

      Delete
  4. It looks absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!