Friday, April 20, 2012

Barielle: Berry Blue & Savvy: Totally Teal

So, yesterday I decided to try out Barielle's Berry Blue. A very deep, dark, glassy blue. Very pigmented so, of course, I had a hard time with cleanup, but you couldn't really tell as much unless you got right up close. Like you're about to!



I tried to get the cleanest looking angle. lol So, anyway, I had little to do last night aside from watching vids 4 bucks and making 3 more octopi, so I was sitting here trolling around the internet. I really shouldn't be allowed to do that. I was looking up swatches of all of the Beetlejuice colors and then.... then I started looking up swatches of the A-England colors... Now I'm debating if I still want to get the whole Beetlejuice collection and then start saving up for some A-Englands (especially Dragon and Princess Tears) or if I want to pick, say, my 3 favorite from the Beetlejuice and give myself a headstart on the A-England polishes. I don't know!! I've been going back and forth on it most of last night and all day today. So far I think I'll stick with the original plan while I decide which of the 22 A-England colors I have to have. That is going to be another expensive splurge.....

After torturing myself with that I went poking around my own blog and I made two decisions. The first is that I'm going to be doing a water marble very soon (was going to today, but I'll get to why I may not in a minute) and the second was that I should give Savvy's Totally Teal another shot. I remembered it being very sheer, but I had forgotten I didn't get a picture of it by itself. I still technically didn't since I layered it over Berry Blue.



Lovely!! Indoors it leans more green which is also pretty. I was going to do some full-nail stamping over that, but then.... I decided it was high time I crawled under the house and clear out these stupid pipes once and for all. Which started out ok. Not great concidering one is leaking and it stinks under there. So I drilled a hole in the main line, fed the auger in and twirled it twirled it twirled it until I had no line left. So far so "good". Until I tried to retract it. About halfway back I hit a snag.... Still don't know what it was exactly because as I was trying to pull the line out of the pipe the whole pipe came apart! So now I'm racing the clock while a torrent of nasty drain "water" is making it's way towards me. Still the auger line is stuck and *tug~tug~tug~pop!* The other end of the pipe comes off! Fortunately that part of the pipe was already drained from when I drilled the hole, but then the last and final (for now) straw. I figure since the pipe is already completely off at this point I'll just jerk the auger out of the hole and ended up splashing myself in the freakin' face!! That's it. No thank you. I had already lost the race against the clock so my clothes were soaking wet, but there was no way I was staying under there a moment longer with this grossness on my face. I rolled myself out from under the house as quick as I could, ran inside to wash my face and clean my eyeballs just in case (thank goodness I decided to wear my glasses today), stripped down, threw my clothes in the dryer and here I sit. Huh? Why am I not stamping? Because much like the problem I had while changing the tire, I lost a whole nail's worth of polish. My thumb this time.

So here I sit. Hoping I don't get pink eye, waiting on the dryer and partially excited to go back under the house and finally find out what's been clogging up the drains so badly. Partially, obviously, I'm dreading it. However, my dad's taking his vacation this week and I know that working plumbing would make him a very happy camper. So glad I still have pipe glue from the last time I pretended to be a plumber. Hopefully it won't rain too badly so we can finish up the lawn as well; and hopefully do some more jungle-mowing because that extra cash sure is nice, too.....

10 comments:

  1. well with the pipe off you shouldn't have any back up right? LMAO! Our kitchen sink just drained straight under the house....when they tried to hook up the pipes it would back up...so they left it unhooked...which could make it stink right under the window and in the front. :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol No kidding, right? I still gotta crawl back under and fit everything back together, though. :/ Did discover the problem, though. Globs and globs of undissolved laundry powder. Our water's so hard it didn't dissolve it at all! No more of that.

      Delete
  2. That blue is nice, I hope when you eventually get the Beetlejuice collection that you wear them for longer than a day each and I hope they don't disappoint you! Also are you getting just the original 5 or are you getting all 8? At least a-england has free international shipping :D and if you sign up for emails you get discount codes occasionally, I got one the other week for 30% off cos it was her cats birthday :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get all 8 of the Beetlejuice. I will definitely sign up for the emails, thank you! Discounts are great. :D

      Delete
  3. Lovely blue! I just love A-England, but I just got Bridal Veil and I don't like it because I never like black polish on my hands. I don't know what possessed me to buy black. I love Tristam though...it's my favorite nail polish EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was probably the glitter. I saw some lovely swatches of Bridal Veil while I was trolling. I'm almost positive I'm getting Dragon and Princess Tears first.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!