Monday, March 26, 2012

SH: Chrome, Crystal and Prism

I don't know how this really came about, but I do know where it started, so maybe working backward will help explain the sudden Sally Hansen overload. While going through Chloe's Nails I ran into her Prism Polish and remembered "Hey, my mom had one of those once" and sure enough there it was in my box. Not Turquoise Opal like she has, but Fire Opal. Guess what? It's super sheer. I didn't want to do a bazillion coats so I dug through and.... ok, let's start with the base.





This is two coats of Titanium Chrome, because my next polish turned out to be quite sheer, too.





Pink Crystal. I was a tad surprised and disappointed by this one. It's part of the "chrome" lineup, but it was sheer and out of five pictures this is the only one that showed any kind of pink tint. Hrm. Over that I did two coats of Fire Opal Prism.





Uhm.... where's the rainbow? I seriously expected to be including a video with this, but it didn't do anything! And I shook the crap out of it the night before. I know there's got to be something special in there because my mom loved it.





See? Half gone. I guess next time I'll try it over black and see if that does anything. Rather than pulling it all off and starting fresh (with road trip potential on the horizon) I dressed it up with some Avon: Mink dots.





I was only going to do my ring finger, but then it looked so cool I did 'em all. I like that the dots on my left hand are all (more or less) the same size, but I like the "swoop" I got on my right hand better.





And it looks like we're not going to Houston. Not today, at least. He hasn't decided yet if he just wants to order it online or wait and try again Thursday when it's "supposed to be in". Ah well, I kinda figured when I got myself all pretty this morning we wouldn't be going anywhere. Maybe my Yoshi shirt is unlucky? :(

8 comments:

  1. These dots are adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I love vintage polishes! Bummer that the prisms one wasn't very exciting, there's definitely some less-than-thrilling polishes in that line. A lot of them do come alive over black, so that's definitely a good idea. Still great finds though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think I'll try the crystals over black, too and see if those do anything. lol

      Delete
  3. I am loving that dot design!! I'm going to have to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :D Can't wait to see it.

      Delete
  4. Real cute dots! Shame the rainbow was missing :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm hoping I inadvertantly washed it out with such a light base.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!