Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oooh, Shinies! Nature Themed Entry

Yep, lightning struck my brain while I was taking Jet out to do her business and I finally came up with my entry idea. Wanna see? Of course you do:





Ta-da! Here's how I did it. I started with two coats of Pure Ice Splash, which is so much prettier than I remember.





My initial idea was to use flower petals, but that didn't work out so well. Even layering them didn't give enough opacity....





So while I was sitting there in the backyard looking around I figured clover would look just as nice. I stuck that to my nail with plain old clear coat. In layers.





Then I came back inside and stamped on some butterflies with a couple of different chromes, freehanded some grass tips and dotted on a couple of dandelions:





It was a little hard to see, so I added a matte topcoat. Yes, to the clovers, too! LOL







I wish I could say that I'm so super creative I came up with the clover idea all on my own, but I honestly probably wouldn't have even concidered it if I hadn't seen Erika's funky feather mani over on Chloe's Nails. So thanks to her for trying something different and sharing it with the rest of us. And thanks to Bregje for hosting the contest! Good luck everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I never would have thought of putting clover on my nails! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) It actually didn't feel too weird after the topcoat. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!