Saturday, March 3, 2012

Moo-Cow Mani

I know this isn't very creative or new, but.... ever have the feeling like you're possibly going a little crazy? It's been such a long couple of days and this morning I woke up crying and I can't even remember what I was dreaming about. (when I fell back asleep, though, I did dream about nail polish.....) So I figured I had two choices. Make myself more erratic and just get the crazy over with; or try to gather up some inner strength and power through the day. This time, shockingly, I chose the latter. Hence the cow:





For those that don't know, the cow is a very special animal for me. I'm not one of those crazy-cow-print-everywhere people. It's one of my totem/spirit animals. There are a few inside jokes between Aaron and myself (starting after I was told I couldn't give blood because I could be a carrier for mad cow disease -_-) and I've always sort of related to the cows. They're sturdy and reliable and give so much.

.....Back to my nails. lol I started with two coats of NYC French Tip White (just trying to use it up; then I can use the bottle for Frankening!)





At first I tried to use Ulta 'Chocolate Kiss' for the stamping, but it smeared horribly. So instead I used Avon 'Mink'.





I didn't want to wait forever to topcoat it, because I kind of wanted it to smudge a little. Unfortunately I used the new Wet n Wild topcoat I got and.... I really don't like it. It's quick dry, which should be good, but by the third stroke it's so tacky! I'm gonna try adding a little thinner and see if that helps. Here it is all shiney; and me holding the cutie cow lighter Aaron picked up a few years ago at a gas station:









LOLZ! So cute, right? Then I finished it off with the matte topcoat (which I am loving!) to make it look more like cow:





I'm not sure how much stronger I feel after having worn this all day, but I do feel a bit better than I did this morning. Just a little head-tired. I guess worst-case-scenario I can use it for the Oooh, Shinies! contest since it is technically nature themed. lol Just a tad uninspired for a contest entry. I'm sure I can do better if I could just focus. :/ Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend.

6 comments:

  1. I love this! It looks so awesome matte :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! i love cows! I just found out in 09 when JD deployed that i couldn't give blood on post either! Damn Germany and commissionaires trying to feed us mad-cow disease! Not that I was gonna give blood anyways. I may have to give my self multiple injections a day but i still don't like giving blood. and my body doesn't either! it takes them forever just to get a couple vials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol It pisses me off cuz I always wanted to donate blood and only got away with it once! Then they're all "Oh, you can't cuz you were in Germany too long" WTF? Boogerheads. You'd think they could test it to see if there's little brain eating worms in there.

      Delete
  3. LOVE it! I especially like it with the matte coat. I think it's so cute that cows are your totem animal. I like cows too. They're big and calm and their spots are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I think lots of people try to devalue cows just because they eat them. Kinda sad, really.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!