Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I Have A Herring Problem!

When I first saw this swatched on Bethany's blog I thought the color was kind of interesting, but what really caught my attention was the name. I've never purchased an OPI polish because, really? $8.50? As a long time Monty Python fan, however, I just could not pass this up. (thankfully my Herring Problem is a lot prettier than trying to cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with one!) I'm so glad I didn't. I shared Bethany's post with a couple of friends and whether they were being snarky or not, this color really does look fishy; but in a totally good way!!





I mean, look at that! It's such an interesting shimmer. If you look really closely there are... like... shimmer splotches? Like, there are teeny bits of sparkle that are more like miniature slicks? It's so hard to describe, but it has a lot more depth than I expected. And it's very grown-up looking for being a blue (blue/grey) polish. lol

After watching some videos on PlasmaSpeedo's Channel I got an itch to stamp. Since I have a ton of french tip designs I dug through and picked out (not-Konad) plate m45 since it has a design.... it doesn't really look fishy, but it doesn't not look fishy either.





That one at the top. I used Wet n Wild Silvivor and tried out a different way to stamp the tips. I held the stamper with the image facing me and lined up my nail that way. It didn't 100% work (especially on the thumbs, that was more difficult), but it didn't not work either! Stupid camera didn't want to focus (again), but I think it turned out pretty darn well.





Definitely much straighter, just the lengths aren't exactly the same. A step in the right direction, though! I'm thinking of trying out something a little different for tomorrow.

In other news, I can tell my hair is getting longer! It still kinda looks the same (still taking daily pictures, though), but it feels heavier on my head and I can feel it on my neck. I don't know why I thought this would be a good idea since I really just do not like feeling my hair on the back of my neck.... Ah well. I've set a goal and I intend to reach it. Also, I kinda realized that it was time for something to give. As much as I would love to, I just can't afford fancy new nail polishes and cigarettes, so.... yeah. Time to quit. I've cut way back these past couple of days and while it's not as easy as it was the first time (so many years ago), it's not entirely impossible feeling. Yet. Wish me luck, and thanks for reading!

P.S.
If you're wondering "what's up with that comparison video?", it's in the works. Mr. Sunshine decided to hide behind the clouds today. I do have the swatches all painted, just waiting for some cooperative lighting.

5 comments:

  1. i like that color! i love that it has the shimmer/glitter in it! the tips look really good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you. You should totally get it. ;) It really has a lot going on when you see it in person.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for mentioning me! I'm glad you like the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I'm nominating you for an award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. :) That's really sweet. And no problem on the mention. You did convince me to go out and get it. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!