Thursday, March 8, 2012

Color Club: Perfect Mol-Ten (with kilt design!)

Oh my goodness. I'm a little worried about jinxing myself (because that happens all the time) but.... wow. These past two days have been pretty great. For normal days, ya know? We did the same things we do every day, but so many good things happened. Aaron got a very helpful call he wasn't expecting, I had some great conversations with my chat peeps, Aaron picked up Pure Ice: Strapless for me (which is a gorgeous blue glitter), and I cut back enough that I've been able to get two of the six Color Club: Foiled polishes. I got Perfect Mol-Ten yesterday and was just so super thrilled I vowed to get all six. HEB (Texas grocery chain, for those unfamiliar) have it for $5/bottle which isn't terribly bad. The bestest part? Color Club is cruelty free!! *phew* I love these chrome/metallic finishes (it's kinda futuristic, eh?), but all mine are Sally Hansen and I still haven't gotten a definitive they-do/they-don't answer so... yeah. They kinda mostly sit there making me feel guilty for things I didn't know. Anyway, what's all this excitement about?





OOOooooooooohhhhhh! Of course I got green first. ;) Seriously, it's like a lap dance for my eyeballs every time I look at it. And with a matte topcoat it turns this perfectly suede texture!





Now, for the kilt(ish) design I originally wanted to do the sort-of-plaid stamp, but.... It didn't want to play nicely with Hot Like Lava (Foiled #2) and kept... funkifying. So I cleaned off one of the nail art brushes, grabbed HLL and some black and got to freehanding:





That's not too wretched, right? I know it's all upside-down, but I wanted the french-tip to work as, like, a belt. Of course if the stamp had worked they'd all be done, but this is still cute on it's own. It rained today so still no holo-glitter video. -_- I was actually surprised to get that first picture to come out. It was so overcast the flash kept going off. Hopefully I'll get foiled polish #3 tomorrow *fingers crossed*, but I'm going to try and keep these in order. Still waiting for a nice sunny day to use my "special" polish.... which I know one of the blogs I subscribe to already swatched (I forget which one, sorry), but it's still new to me and I still haven't used it. Still waiting.... Anyway, I hope hope hope everyone's having a great day, too! So weird to be talking to people again. But in a good way. :)

6 comments:

  1. I love this green! It's great matte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I'm super thrilled since I don't have any matte/suede polishes and it just look so right. I'm about to try Hot Like Lava now. lol

      Delete
  2. looks good...but...what is the white with the black dot supposed to be? that is a really pretty green! i love metallics too! mostly i just get silver/chrome but that green is cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That's *supposed* to be that furry pouch thing they wear with the kilt.

      Delete
  3. *gasp* I never thought of mattifying the CC foils! Oh. My. GOD! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. ^_^ It really is stunning.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!