Saturday, March 10, 2012

Color Club: Cold Metal (with Pure Ice: Strapless)

Before I get to Cold Metal, I must first reach out for support. I got bullied! *cries* Ok, ok, I've been bullied before and this time wasn't even all that bad, but seriously!? Yesterday HEB has two full displays of the Foiled Collection and today they have all of the Color Club polishes carelessly thrown into a bowl in the very back of the make-up section. WHAT?! So I dug through and luckily I had already memorized the last three and I found them and I got them even though I didn't want to have to get them all at once like that. :( Yes, that's where the bullying part comes in. So here's what I got:

Foil Me Once: mauve-y, lavendery pinkish
Antiquated: copperish
Lumin-Icecent: light, icey blue

I haven't firmly decided which one is next, so if there's one you want to see, let me know! If not I'll just dig out my 3-sided dice and let that do it's magic. :p

On to the main event! Cold Metal:





....somehow I wasn't quite as impressed with this one. Maybe because I already knew ahead of time I was going to use it as a base for Strapless? I dunno. It's a really pretty color, to be sure, just a little less foily than the other two. Before the bling I went ahead and added a matte topcoat and this one is as lovely as the other two matte-ified:





Yeah, you see that mess?! Here's what happened. I added the matte topcoat (Warpaints Beauty) and everything was good and dulled down and then I ran my thumb lightly over my ring finger there and.... pulled all the polish off one spot of it! So I just went back over with CM and decided not to waste a finger's worth of matte topcoat and took the picture anyway. As it is this blue (fully dry, mind you) tinted my matte brush! -_- So bizarre.

I believe I mentioned before that Aaron picked up Strapless all on his own. I tested it prior and the base is 100% clear and even though it's packed with glitter two coats wasn't enough for full coverage so I just did one over Cold Metal:





Who's got two thumbs and can't tell when they're holding a bottle backwards? This guy! LOL Seriously, though, Strapless is amazingly beautiful.





The only downside is that it is a topcoat eater. I predicted as much so I used two coats of cheap-o shiny topcoat. ;) Then I decided to try an experiment and used the still-shot option on my camcorder:







It's not as smooth & shiney as I got it in real life, but can you see all that glitter?! Aaron found a bottle of 100% acetone in the shed (??) so hopefully it won't be too much of a pain to get it all off. lol And because it's a borderline compulsion at this point.... Matte!





*shrugs* It's a smidge more interesting in real life. I think I like it better shiney, though. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. it looks more foily in the last pic! but i know that the pics never really show justice to the nail polish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really don't. lol One day we'll evolve and have camera eyeballs....

      Delete
  2. I like the Pure Ice. I know what you mean about the compulsion. I'm addicted to my matte top coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fascinating, right? lol My mom can't stand it. Keeps asking why my polish isn't shiney with this *look* on her face. Hilarious.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!