Wednesday, February 15, 2012

VDay Water Marble & Savvy FAIL


After a bit of prodding by Aaron I did end up spending a bit of time trying out polishes for water marble. I mentioned the China Glaze (and Savvy) that worked, but did the Sinful Colors? ......YES! The shimmery ones work better than the flat cremes, but they still work beautifully. Which is one of the reasons why he showered me with so many for yesterday. After finding several that worked I was getting really excited and decided I wanted to do a water marble for Valentine's Day.




Left Hand








Right Hand



Please excuse my mess.... I really liked it at first, but after having a few hours to look at it I thought with the red/pink/white it looked more like Christmas peppermint candy canes than Valentine's Day. I had picked up two Sinful Colors glitter polishes (one pink, one blue) so I covered it in two layers of the pink glitter and that helped a lot. It tinted the white to a pink and made everything all sparkly and happy.




Like candy on my fingers



It was really hard to capture how pretty it came out. Unfortunately red and pink are not among my favorite colors and I tired of it fairly quickly. I sat for a while testing out different color/finish combinations trying to decide what I wanted to do next.




Really should clean that... LOL



I ended up not doing any of that. I wanted something kind of anti-pink and I was going to do sparkle, but... I also wanted to try out the Savvy teal. It's a pretty color, but so sheer. I didn't end up getting a picture of it by itself. All of my time on Oooh, Shinies! made me a bit anxious to work on my full nail stamping and.... well.... that didn't turn out great either.




Could be better....



I was so frustrated I dug out my black crackle hoping that would kind of disguise my screw-ups while still creating a cool effect.




Crackley



.....*SIGH* It's not horrid, but not really cool either. I'm keeping it on for today, but I think tonight I'm going to start working on Aaron's super cool idea. There is something else to look forward to, however. Since OpinionOutpost still hasn't made up with Amazon (or whatever the problem is) I cashed out into my paypal and found a really good deal on eBay for some holographic chunky glitter polishes I should have coming to me in the next day or so. Yay!! It was a set of nine and I got to pick which four I wanted. After checking out some swatches online I decided on:






Scarlet






Purple & Bluebell






Clover




Pretty. I also have an avon order of three polishes I ordered through Tammy (my piercer) that I am looking forward to. I think Lagoon is similar to the Savvy teal, but if it is I just hope it's not so sheer. The prices aren't too bad (and they have more than just nail polish) so if you're wanting some "Avon calling" then go check it out. Now it's 4 o'clock and mom has to eat early (bloodwork tomorrow) so I should probably get Aaron to wake up now. Have a good day!

4 comments:

  1. Your marbling looks really good! It didn't look too Christmas-y to me. The black crackle over your stamping looks very cool. Love the bottle shots, those polishes are just crying out my name lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I seem to be doing too much to my nails at one time. :/ Hopefully I can stop at something simple next time. Though, simple might be relative because those holo-glitters really are gorgeous! :D

      Delete
  2. Wow you're really good at water marbling! That looked sooo nice :) good choice on colours and finishes, the shimmer looks so pretty and dainty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I have gotten better since I found colors that work. There are few things more frustrating than trying to water marble with polish that just does not want to spread!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!