Sunday, February 5, 2012

Polish Surprise!

Well, it was certainly a surprise for me. Remember this:





Let me tell ya, if I knew then what I know now, I'd have picked up the other color set. I was sitting here trying to figure out what colors I was going to use. No.... not the purple yet. I kind of had a stamping idea in my head and wanted to see how opaque that silver was. So I prepped up my nails and started painting the silver. Imagine my shock and surprise when I got to my index finger and realized my pinky was crackling!! Apparently "Quake" is Ulta's version of "Crackle". O_o Who knew? Well, I'm sure a lot of people did, but I did not. So after removing the polish I had another choice to make. What color to use as a base? My old(er than dirt) crackle polishes (most of which I don't even have anymore.... *ugh*) seemed to play better with their own brand. In some cases only with the polish they were paired up with. So, just to be safe I decided to go ahead and use the green. It came out really pretty.





Yes, before you ask, it does look different from when I posted up on facebook. I was too excited to wait and have since had time to clean up my messy edges. Now, after seeing this post I really want to do crackle on top of glow in the dark. I has both... Just don't think I want to redo my nails (especially with another crackle) so soon. It still looks good, ya know? My chocolate dipped CG did give me a semi-unorthodox V-Day idea I hope I can pull off. Actually, I'm fairly certain I can. I just hope it looks as good on my nails as it does in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!