Tuesday, February 21, 2012

KleanColor Clover

Of course OpinionOutpost sends me a survey when I'm in the middle of blogging.......*5 minutes later*..... Ok, I'm back. Ok, the first part of this I'm going to also label a "learning experience". Partly my fault for not swatching first, partly KleanColor's fault for not living up to the expectations set by Sinful Colors. That blue glitter from the previous post goes opaque in 3 coats. This green wasn't even close after 5!





And it's actual name is "Chunky Holo Clover".





But guess what really didn't want to show up in any of my pictures?





Even after adding a matte topcoat (which I've seen help holos and glitters alike):





You can't tell that this glitter practically glows in shades of gold, green, orange, purple and blue.





Since it did take 5 coats and 6 hours to fully dry, I thought I'd try to make it worthwhile with some stamping.





Which worked out moderately well, but didn't help me like it any better. Next time I'll put it over a green polish. Perhaps for St. Patrick's Day!





At least I got some more stamping practice.





Then before I left to run errands this morning my friend, Sandy, enticed me into picking up Wet n Wild: Gray's Anatomy. It kind of looks like a Sinful Colors I have (Let Me Go) and kind of looks like essence: Where Is The Party. I'll have to compare those. Probably after my nail wheel (which hasn't shipped yet -_-) gets here. Every polish on my palette has glitter in it and it took me almost an hour to get Clover off, so I really don't feel like messing with that right now. I guess I'll go do some dishes while my poor fingers recover from all that remover. Hopefully Gray's Anatomy won't disappoint. Hope everyone's having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty colour! I bet you can do some amazing layerings with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm going to try it over a green creme I have and *hopefully* I can get the other colors to show up. I was thinking layering over Cha Cha Cha, but it's got that shine so I'm not sure. It really is much prettier in real life.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!