Sunday, February 26, 2012

KleanColor Chunky Holo Scarlet

I don't usually buy or wear reds, but since I still have a couple of these to try out (and it's been a long while since I did red) I figured why not? Drawing off of my experience with Clover I started with a base of red. Just red.





EW! I don't know why my fingers look so red and splotchy there. -_- That could be one reason I don't wear reds. I used a quick dry because I knew my dad would be calling to be picked up from the truck lot, and sure enough he did. I have to interject a bit and say I finally got to the lot before he did and as I sat and watched him back that giant truck up into a tiny little space I was in awe. I've always loved and respected my dad, but watching him back that truck up like a badass just took it to a whole new level.

Next I added two coats of Scarlet. It's a red jelly base with glitter that shines red, orange and gold. Hard to capture, but since red kinda rubs me the wrong way I was a bit underwhelmed anyway. Even so, I tried. Outside:





Inside:





And the bottle:





I think next time I'll layer it over black, or a deep purple to offset the glitter a bit more. I tried to add some interest with a dark blue funky french and that still didn't help me with it.





I'm surprised that bottle showed as blue as it did. Whenever I look at it, it just looks black. That's Blue Moon. I currently have that on my toes, which I'll be stamping at some point today. For my nails I decided to take a break and try out my new essence: nude it!





I'll probably be stamping over that by the end of the day, too. For now my eyeballs are enjoying the color break.

To finish up I'll just share this bit of goodness. I made the executive decision to not be totally selfish with all of my internet monies and traded in some MyPoints for a $10 Papa John's gift card. It's Aaron's favorite and I'll even let him pick the toppings. ;) Hope everyone has a great day.

4 comments:

  1. I really like that nude! It looks so good on your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I saw it and had to have it. :) I already have an idea that I hope turns out well with it. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  3. with that red...and fishnet stamp...you would have hooker nails! lmao! i don't wear red's much either except around halloween or valentines day. But i think the red glitter over black would look cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think so, too. Once I get my nail wheel I think I'll do a video with all the chunky holos over different colors. I think that might show it off better and I don't have to kill my nails at the same time. XD

      Delete

I love hearing from you!