Saturday, February 18, 2012

Inspired By: The Nail Buff


For the past couple of days I've been supplementing my gamehouse point farming with The Nail Buff's blog. I was moved to comment a couple of times (moreso on posts that didn't have any comments) and pretty much figured it was in vain since I'm only up to the summer of last year. Imagine my surprise and elation when the Nail Buff herself decided to visit my little corner of cyberspace and comment on some of my posts! *faints* Anyway, this surprise visit actually helped out a lot. I was at a loss for color choice after my black-after-black fiasco and all I knew for sure was that I didn't want red, pink, green, black, white, or purple. Which left yellow, orange and blue. :/ Well, last summer the Nail Buff was on a yellow/orange kick and I happened to pick up a nice, shiny orange during the Sinful Colors sale. So in honor of this wonderful blogger who took the time to come see me, I present:




Ta-da!



Sinful Colors: Courtney Orange. Kind of a weird name, but a very nice orangey color. Except that's three coats and.... well.... it looks like my nails are dirty! They do get pretty dirty pretty quickly, but I cleaned them meticulously especially for this picture. And they still look dirty. So after much debate on how to proceed (without overdoing it) I dug out one of my Hong Kong plates and white polish (Wet N Wild) and set about fabricating a french tip.




Plate QA11: Peace!



I could have used one of the pre-designed french tips, but I didn't want too much white and with my luck I'd line it up right above the "dirt" line. I thought this sort of freehand stamping would make a better disguise and I'm so happy with how it came out. I think I'm getting a lot better at stamp placement!




Yep, peace sign on my middle finger :p



Maybe not perfect, but I like it. I almost used the Hello Kitty bows and decided to go with flowers instead. Anyway, you ready for yesterday's mini-experiment? It did come out interesting and I probably would have kept it on longer, but I didn't. Sadly my camera wouldn't cooperate with the glow-in-the-dark either. I need to go through Colette's archive and see how she managed to photograph it.




2 coats Sinful Colors: Innocent





2 coats of that Jack o' Lantern glow polish





1 coat of Salon Perfect black crackle



Neat, huh? Aaron said next time I can use the blacklight to supercharge the glow polish. :) I might swing by the mall and see if the Warpaints is still on sale and grab one of the pink glow polishes and another matte topcoat. Maybe. OH! I guess I didn't mention it here, but I'm so happy HEB didn't stop selling essence. In fact, they finally restocked! :D They're also selling OPI & Orly (on my "meh" list) and Color Club (on my "yay!" list). Still no China Glaze, but there's always Sally's and Ulta.

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a flattering post! Thank you! I love your idea to use single patterns to make a french, it's really cool! Would love to see the glow polish in action :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it. :) I've got a couple of glow polishes to try out, that one is kind of old so maybe the new one would capture better.

      Delete
  2. For some reason I love that Orange! It looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. :) And thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!